• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Dynaudio Revamped the Confidence Line

The current C1 Platinums have an MSRP 0f $9000. I have the previous stands which had an MSRP of $450. Let's call the new stands $600. That's a $3395 price increase (35%), much more than the other models.

@Flint, Any guess-timate on how much their top-of-the-line tweeters cost? I'm wondering if the smaller price increase for the floorstanding models is because the previous models all had dual tweeters and the new ones just have one tweeter.

@Flint, Any guess-timate on how much their top-of-the-line tweeters cost? I'm wondering if the smaller price increase for the floorstanding models is because the previous models all had dual tweeters and the new ones just have one tweeter.

I don't know what the factory cost would be. If selling commercially at low volumes for hobbyists, they would like sell at similar prices to Morel and Scan-Speak top of the line factory manufactured soft domes, so maybe $350 to $400 each. If I make a ton of assumptions about how low volume manufacturers do markup for retail, I'd guess the cost to Dynaudio for one of those Esotar 3 tweeters is in the $75 to $100 range.

But, it really isn't fair to consider the cost of a single component when contemplating the "value" of an extremely well engineered and meticulously manufactured system. In addition to the costs for engineering (which probably took years), one-time tooling, distribution, marketing, mark-up for resellers, support, spares, taxes and other business overhead, the cost of the parts is probably less than 25% of the selling price. Sure, these are among the best tweeters money can buy, but they are not the most expensive to manufacture. Diamond, Beryllium, esoteric ceramic (Accuton), and handmade motors like the new Scan-Speak drivers are far more expensive to make.

US pricing:
20: 12,995/Pair (Including stands)
30: 17,995/Pair
50: 26,995/Pair
60: 39,995/Pair

Big jump for the bookshelf over the C1s...
Initially I saw pricing for the Australian and European regions, and when you converted those prices to USD, it was almost double current pricing :eek:.

So it sounds like the US pricing is a little better, but that's still a big increase in price. I'm glad I bought my C1's when I did. The current C1's already measure so well, it'll be interesting to see if this new generation is really much better or not, especially for a 35-40% increase in price.

Back