• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

EFFING I EFFING TUNES!!!

Doesn't Samsung also have a tablet out? I don't know if it's Android, but I know it's not iTunes. Maybe that and an bigger card for your phone for music might get you closer to what you want.

Yesfan70 said:
Doesn't Samsung also have a tablet out? I don't know if it's Android, but I know it's not iTunes. Maybe that and an bigger card for your phone for music might get you closer to what you want.

They do, Galaxy. It has a 7" screen, it's about 1/2 the size of an iPad and runs Android.

Onkyo has some 10" tablets coming out and offer one with a Windows operating system.

The Samsung Galaxy runs Android (Gingerbread). I'm not keen on Android until Honeycomb is released.

I was just venting because of the stupid things iTunes does (like making it a PITA to manage the library). I'm pretty darned happy with my iPod Touch and my iPad. I load a bunch of music and a handful of games on the iPod Touch. I carry the iPad when I expect to have idle time or just around the house.

What is the difference between Gingerbread and Honeycomb? I thought it would be 2.2, like a smartphone. First I've heard of those names.

There will be dozens of very good Android based tablets released this year from many big name manufacturers

Towen7 said:
The Samsung Galaxy runs Android (Gingerbread). I'm not keen on Android until Honeycomb is released.

I was just venting because of the stupid things iTunes does (like making it a PITA to manage the library). I'm pretty darned happy with my iPod Touch and my iPad. I load a bunch of music and a handful of games on the iPod Touch. I carry the iPad when I expect to have idle time or just around the house.

Strange how two of the easiest pieces of electronics I have ever used are attached to the absolute most horrible program of it's type isn't it? If Microsoft did this it would be a big deal, but for some reason it's just accepted, so much that people blame my iTunes gripes to me running it on a PC.

Microsoft needs to get on the ball and get the Zune software available for Macs.

Gingerbread is the current version and Honeycomb is the code name for the next version of Android that is supposed to be optimized for tablets. As I understand it, Google has specifically asked tablet makers to NOT release tablets until the update is ready.

HOT OFF THE PRESS... This preview was released to the developers channel and later to the public today

http://blogs.computerworld.com/17612/go ... =rss_blogs

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPUGNCIozp0[/youtube]

This thing is mighty impressive!

http://mashable.com/2011/01/05/motorola-droid-bionic-packs-dual-cores-outputs-1080p/
motodroid-bionic.jpg

Dual core! 1080p output!

Why can't I add a folder to the library and then later add files to that folder and have iTunes see the newly added files? Why do I have to go and add these new files to the library after I already added the folder. Apparently I'm the only one on the planet who adds files to folders I created previously.

Oh... If I just re-add the folder then I get duplicates of the files that were already in the library. I have to either delete the entire folder from the library and then add it back to the library... or add each new file individually. What a PITA!!!

I guess thats how Apple punishes you for not using iTunes to import music or video files.

Towen7 said:
Oh... If I just re-add the folder then I get duplicates of the files that were already in the library.

I wonder why yours is doing that because mine doesn't. I've re-added entire folders before and never get duplicates. To be doubly sure, I just tried this with my Amazon.com MP3 purchases which I keep in a separate folder. No duplicates.

Are you using a current version of iTunes? fwiw, I'm using 10.1.1.4 on Windows Vista 32bit.

10.1.2.17 on a Windows 7 64bit machine.

Maybe there is absetting i missed to monitor a folder instead if having to manually add files. I'll look again but I created a folder named Big Bang Theory and copied a couple of video clips to that folder. I added the Big Bamg Theory folder to the iTunes library. Then I added a couple of new video clips to that folder but none of them appear in the library. If I use the "add folder to library" and select the BBT folder, I will see the new files, but two copies of the files that were there before. One of those copies will be marked with an icon that looks like an exclamation mark (I suppose to tell me it's a duplicate). I then have to select the duplicates and delete them.

To Apple's credit... I can define the clips as TV shows which lets me put them in a folder. Thats handy and keeps me from having 17 Bing Bang Theory episodes clogging up my Movies tab. I haven't figured out how to do that with WMC

Yeah, maybe there's a setting somewhere BUT BE CAREFUL...

DON'T CHECKMARK THE "Keep iTunes Media Folder Organized" BUTTON if you've got folders already set up (and espcially if you have other programs that access your media files) because iTunes will screw with 'em and move your files around. That is, if memory serves me correctly that's what happens. (I like to manually organize my media library... I've got separate folders for MP3s, Apple Lossless, DTS-CDs, and Amazon/iTunes paid MP3 downloads. So I don't use that feature. If I did, it'd put all the music from a particular artist under the same folder regardless of format.)

I'm also not sure what the "Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library" button does, either (under advanced preferences tab). But I don't use that, either. And at this point I'd worry that iTunes would f**k with my stuff if I did.

That said, I must admit that I haven't messed around much with the video aspect of iTunes, so I can't yet say if I'd get duplicates with video. Maybe I'll try that later on today.

Towen7 said:
One of those copies will be marked with an icon that looks like an exclamation mark (I suppose to tell me it's a duplicate).

I dunno... whenever I see that exclamation mark it usually means that iTunes can't locate the file. Though, that's with MP3s so I can't really say for sure with videos.

Back