• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Epson 5020ub bulb needed

jamhead

I'm in need of a new bulb for my PJ and was wondering if anyone knew of a reputable source in which to buy. I've been more than pleased with the original bulb and looking to buy a back up. Epson has them for 300 bucks. Curious if anyone knew of a potential second source.

Thank you.

I guess my concern is I want an authentic, or "good" bulb, and not a POS passed off as good. Not sure how to tell the difference.

Thank you all for the replies. I forgot about B+H.

Zing - I think I'll go that route. Amazon appears to have many cheap replacements that I've heard nothing but bad things about.

As a side note - I've owned my projector for maybe 4 years? - and have approx. 400 hours of viewing on it. Close to one movie per week.

And still love it. It's only 1080p, but sitting 9ft from a 92" screen - still an awesome picture.

Amazon admittedly is hit or miss, but it’s just an easy place to start. I rely on reviews when something seems sketchy. But I’ve also had to shop for JVC and Panasonic replacements vs Epson so I’m sure experiences vary depending on the brand projector you’re shopping for.

Wait - only 400 hours and you're looking to get another bulb? I understand wanting to have a backup on hand before the current one gives up the ghost but now seems way premature.

@AndySTL, Have you replaced the bulb in your projector (Epson 6010) yet?

Not sure how to tell the difference.
Make sure when your new lamp arrives that it has Epson's part and model numbers on it. ELPLP69 and V13H010L69. With those numbers (and only those numbers) you're guaranteed to have a genuine, authentic Epson part.

Wait - only 400 hours and you're looking to get another bulb? I understand wanting to have a backup on hand before the current one gives up the ghost but now seems way premature.
I bet it was a typo. He probably meant 4000.

I wouldn’t even bother yet if the 400 hours are accurate. I’ve never had a bulb/lamp go prior to 2000 hours on JVCs and in “eco” mode you may get closer to 2200 or more. If the Epsons get more than that, you may be a few years from needing to order.

@AndySTL, Have you replaced the bulb in your projector (Epson 6010) yet?

I have not changed the bulb yet and I was curious on the hours so I just checked. 2,236 hours.

Yeah - I meant 400. I love the thing but we just don't have more time than one movie per week.

I was just thinking that due to the age - it would be good to have an extra on hand. But if it does last 2000 hrs, then I've got another 16 years yet. :shocked:

I calibrated at 100 hrs - was thinking of recalibrating this weekend. One of the benefits with the smaller throw and screen is that I have the lamp on eco mode and it only is in full power mode during 3D movies - which I think I've watched 20 hrs worth?

I have it on good authority where I’m at currently that Epsons get 4000-5000 hrs.

Last edited:
Back