• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Ethan Winer is kicking ass, again!!!

Right on the money.

I've reached the point where EQ should only be applied to address treble timber (too bright? EQ down a tad. Too dull? EQ up a tad). For bass it should be an absolute last resort and then only to reduce boominess in the sound, not to boost nulls or attempt to counteract ringing in the room. I don't like aftermarket EQ intended to "fix the room" at all.

Love this guy, I'm a subscriber.

What kills me about Paul is he has some good videos that explain a lot. Hes also promoting this great hobby. But then he does a video on speaker cables that's complete bullshit. I actually saw that video when it aired.

The sad part is Paul will always influance more people then Ethan. I subscribe to both. With Paul though I'll always have to be somewhat suspect of what hes saying based on his track record.

Yep, there's a reason more people believe the conspiracy theory over the truth, but it reflect show human nature works, not how logical and educated we are.

Putting down an area rug and hanging two acoustic panels made a bigger difference in my room than Audyssey ever did. I can't wait until I'm not broke, so I can get some drapes and bass traps.

Putting down an area rug and hanging two acoustic panels made a bigger difference in my room than Audyssey ever did. I can't wait until I'm not broke, so I can get some drapes and bass traps.
Bit by bit . It makes the journey and subtle differences even that much more appreciated. I would have loved to bought all my speakers, acoustic panels, amps, pre/pro, 2 subwoofers etc all at once. But by having to do it bit by bit you get the incremental improvements. And the dreaming of the next purchase. I love this hobby. Not nearly as techie as many of you but I get great satisfaction in enjoying it and watching others like my system.

Btw, I am still many ways away from being done.

Back