• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Ex Machina

D

Deleted member 133

1. Best movie I've seen in a long, long time;

2. No shit gets blown up;

3. Cerebral;

4. Not for everyone, but I'm sure that many of you will love it.

Jeff

I'm dying to see this before it leaves theaters. Tommorow is supposed to be rainy, may get that opportunity...

Not to "jack" or steal Jeff's thunder, however, I have heard Mad Max Fury Road is movie of the year material.

Rope

altho not as spectacular as Ex Machina, i enjoyed The Machine on netflix a while back...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF6l4LAmN8A[/youtube]

hopefully this satisfies the craving before this comes out on blu-ray...

Joanna and I are in the theater for this one now. Anxious to post my thoughts.

Yeah they got back last night. I took off today so we could hang out for the day...I agree that the movie was worth seeing. My mind wasn't BLOWN like I want to experience during most "sci-fi drama/thrillers" but it definitely made me think.

JeffMackwood said:
1. Best movie I've seen in a long, long time;

2. No shit gets blown up;

3. Cerebral;

4. Not for everyone, but I'm sure that many of you will love it.

Jeff

Just got around to watching this today and this may be one of my favorite movies of all time. Very few movies leave me thinking to this extent. I guess when I think about artificial intelligence I immediately go to an i-robot type of scenario, yet this movie left me wondering whether or not harnessing that kind of power is even possible or if it will quickly surpass our own intelligence.

If you're into thought-provoking movies I highly recommend this one.

watched this early this morning due to a stomach ache and had to sit up...

it was a great movie, i wish it was a tad longer, but i also was setup for the ending...

spoiler alert.

as always, our defaults about the endings are subjective, but will discuss with others if we want.

spoiler alert,

again, spoiler alert.

so for those who have seen it,

would you have wanted it to end differently?

do you think she had that plan in the beginning, or it was a 'spur of the moment' idea?

the correlation of the other lady, the asian, coincidental? was it HER who sparked it?

edit by Towen7

--- SPOILER ALERT ---

I believe she had it all planned from the very beginning. From the "timed" blackouts to her secret conversations. She had everything planned out to well, from the spare parts from the Asian chick to knowing when the pick up was going to be. To me she gleaned information from the previous "models" and knew what her fate was going to be and became "self aware" and knew what she had to do.

I finally got around to watching this one last night. I really liked it! Might need to watch it again as I was distracted at times. This one definitely exceeded my expectations.

Just watched this on Amazon Prime, it reminds me of another movie about a AI woman that was being tested for a guy in a wheelchair. I wished I could remember what that movie was (not Stepford Wife).
:handgestures-thumbup: Thanks Jeff, not a bad movie.

Edit: found it, Valerie 23. Outer Limits, 1995, Season 1 or 2 ? Episode 3

Back