• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Fallout on Prime Video

AndySTL

I'm surprised we have no thread on the new Fallout series on Prime Video. I have just two episodes left in the first season and I think it is really well done. Very good adaptation of the game. For anyone who knows and loves the stories and imagery from the game series should give this a try! @jomari looking at you!

I'm surprised we have no thread on the new Fallout series on Prime Video. I have just two episodes left in the first season and I think it is really well done. Very good adaptation of the game. For anyone who knows and loves the stories and imagery from the game series should give this a try! @jomari looking at you!

We do...well its not a thread though. I posted on "What are you watching via streaming" on April 10th.
I binged it. Loved it!!

I’m aware of the game but that’s about the depth and breadth of my knowledge of the Fallout franchise. Still … it’s on my list to check out.

Watched Ep 1 and half of Ep 2.
Lovin' it so far.
I think I played Fallout 2 first, but didn't get very far.
Then Fallout 4 on the PS4? PC?...and I think I finished it? But I honestly don't remember.

Is the show following a specific game storyline or simply in the same "universe"?
Some of the locations are definitely familiar.

Watched about half of it, enjoying it so far. Pretty gruesome, a little more "raw" in feel than the games, IMHO. At least the ones I played, which is only a subset - Fallout 3, 4, and New Vegas. Yeah I don't think the plot of this show is directly following any of those games. But it's a great adaptation of the Fallout world. Many of the elements are of course found in the games, in particular the sort of do-goody-ness of the vault dwellers and their isolated "culture." And I don't remember anything about a ghoul(-like) creature - but again maybe that's from the others I haven't played.

Watched about half of it, enjoying it so far. Pretty gruesome, a little more "raw" in feel than the games, IMHO. At least the ones I played, which is only a subset - Fallout 3, 4, and New Vegas. Yeah I don't think the plot of this show is directly following any of those games. But it's a great adaptation of the Fallout world. Many of the elements are of course found in the games, in particular the sort of do-goody-ness of the vault dwellers and their isolated "culture." And I don't remember anything about a ghoul(-like) creature - but again maybe that's from the others I haven't played.
There were/are Ghouls in almost all the Fallout games. Only know that by looking at the Wiki.
Maybe they were just mentioned in the games?
"Most ghouls were "created" in the Great War of 2077. Ghouls are alive during Fallout 76 (2102 - 2105), Fallout (2161), Fallout 2 (2241), Fallout 3 (2277), Fallout: New Vegas (2281) and Fallout 4 (2287).

Really? Ok wow, I forgot that. Maybe they were just a generic class of enemy, rather than specific important NPCs...

Finished the show, very good although

the collective insanity of the vaulttech people is hard to fathom

This was never my favorite game series, but now I'm tempted to go back and play Fallout 4 or something. I don't think the "big picture" from the show has anything to do with the games' plot, but I could certainly be wrong, I really don't remember any details from the games since they were years ago.

Finished the show, very good although

the collective insanity of the vaulttech people is hard to fathom

This was never my favorite game series, but now I'm tempted to go back and play Fallout 4 or something. I don't think the "big picture" from the show has anything to do with the games' plot, but I could certainly be wrong, I really don't remember any details from the games since they were years ago.
I'm with you. I kind of want to play Fallout 4 again...but, I honestly don't have the time to invest in that.
I could possibly try New Vegas because at least I haven't played it yet.

I watched a couple of the extras (short, maybe 2-3 minutes each). They explain that this doesn't follow any existing game storyline.
More like this was basically the next game story made into a show.
Really liked it and looking forward already to Season 2.
Okey Dokey!

Through ep. 2 so far.
I’ve never played this game but it just feels like there are some shots that are primarily there to be an homage to a cutscene in the game.

Back