• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Fat, sick and nearly dead

jomari

War Never Changes
Famous
firsthand, thank you to my sister who shared this documentary to me.

second, i guess i couldve put this in the watched recently thread, but i thought it was a significant enough movie that it may influence at least one of our lives here.

i cant say that im your standard issue american when it comes to our dietary lifestyle, simply because its unfair to stereotype it. there isnt any.

there are a lot of people who are health nuts, a number of people who arent, there are the fast food eaters who cant do home cook meals, buffet people, the organics, the vegans, the non dairies, the gluten free people, and so forth.

we all have good reason to as well, not everyone can wake up 2 hours earlier to work out, to run, have the budget to do yoga, cycle, et al. most of us have families, we have to cook lunch dinner, thank god breakfast is easier.... some of us require to work two jobs a day, some just travel a lot more. again, our lifestyles sometimes cant even let us watch a movie or two, let alone do this.

this movie is about juicing. more particularly for me, how my diet should change to accomodate fruits and vegetables, and well, start exercising more.

its a lifestyle change.

so, back to the movie, its streaming on netflix, and well, the dvd coming out till october via amazon, but you can buy it via their website...

http://shop.jointhereboot.com/product_p/fsnd-bundle1.htm

anyways, the person who influenced me more in the film was the secondary character.

hope you folks can add this on your queue, its well worth the watch, same with 'exit through the gift shop' another good documentary.

will i ever go full blown fasting and dieting via juicing? i dont think so. i tried it yesterday, and lets just say i had the fastest trip to costco in ages and head back home. will i plan to do a reboot? lets say im planning to, but dont see how it fits in my current lifestyle. i DO plan to do the 10 minute workout, similarly made by that p90x guy.

hope you like the movie.

I'm putting this in my queue now.

I have been working out pretty regularly for over 2 years and know that my diet is the only reason I still don't look the way I want to. I spend about 6 hours a week at the gym and also do cardio at home. I'm pretty fit, but you wouldn't guess it by the way I look. Just need to drop another 25-35 pounds and I'm golden. Maybe this will help?

I need to do something, but not sure what... Like you said, it's a lifestyle change, not a diet that I need.

D

After seeing myself in some of the GTG pics, I need to do something too; I'll be looking into this, thanks for the link Jomari!

id like to reinforce something if you dont mind,

im in no way here to 'endorse' this company, nor trying to get people to buy into this stuff. i am not in any way related to this company, nor am being paid to do so.

i think its a matter of being influenced, finding something that might be triggering something in my family, in this case my cousin and sister are doing a Reboot, and hopefully give them something to help with their diet, their lifestyle, and or inspire them.

i love my life. i love the fact that some days, i end up being like some people who believe that if im going to live up to 50, i might as well enjoy it and have a cheeseburger or two. nothin wrong with that right? but if i am going to live up to 75 because i can be mindful of what i do now, and give me 25 years more just because i cut some corners, eat more vegetables, less fatty foods and all, then by all means, bring it.

i come to y'all because id like to be that influence. id like to ask for 1 hour and a half of your time to just watch this.

even if this show can make you eat more fruits, more vegetables, i have accomplished my goal.

if ever, when the time comes around, i will report to y'all that ive started such a diet or whatever. but for now, im going to take it slow and eat more veggies.

Just watched it and it's fascinating how the two guys and the gal not only slimmed down but got healthier.

I'm going to try it!

D

glad to hear dog,

i think i am more influenced by the truck driver (phil) instead of joe the aussie.

for what its worth, phil is your typical joe, while joe, is er... your typical multibillionaire. :D

i will watch it again soon, and well, hoping that it places a great influence on people.

Doghart said:

I have been working out pretty regularly for over 2 years and know that my diet is the only reason I still don't look the way I want to. I spend about 6 hours a week at the gym and also do cardio at home. I'm pretty fit, but you wouldn't guess it by the way I look. Just need to drop another 25-35 pounds and I'm golden. Maybe this will help?

I need to do something, but not sure what... Like you said, it's a lifestyle change, not a diet that I need.

D
Hey Dog, I was the same way, although I don't go to the gym, I have a Gardening Business and get lots of exercise, but was packing an extra 20 - 30lbs around.

Dr. Oz recommend this on one of his shows and I'll be damned if I didn't drop 23lbs so far. I started taking this in March and weighed 183lbs. This morning I weighed in at 160lbs and have only changed my diet a little. I eat smaller portions and have cut my processed sugar in more than half.

51pYMDncQpL._AA300_PIbundle-1,TopRight,0,0AA300_SH20_.jpg

Here is the link ----->http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Factors-Wellbetx-Mulberry-180-Count/dp/B0019LPJDM/ref=pd_sim_hpc_1

A few of my friends asked me how I lost the weight and they have ordered this, but do not take it as recommended. It is not a miricle pill and needs to be taken 5 to 10 minutes before Lunch and Dinner.

To me, it was worth a try and I'm glad I did. I feel so much better and healthier and did not have to change much!

Dennie :twocents-mytwocents:

jomari said:
im in no way here to 'endorse' this company, nor trying to get people to buy into this stuff. i am not in any way related to this company, nor am being paid to do so.
After checking out the juicer prices, I was happy to see that just "eating" fruits and veggies is just as good; I like chewing. :mrgreen:

Dennie said:
A few of my friends asked me how I lost the weight and they have ordered this, but do not take it as recommended. It is not a miricle pill and needs to be taken 5 to 10 minutes before Lunch and Dinner.

To me, it was worth a try and I'm glad I did. I feel so much better and healthier and did not have to change much!

in a nutshell Dennie, what does it 'do' so to speak? id love to know firsthand, as always this is better than reading from reviews and manufacturers descriptions. Its like asking someone what plums can do, i always say its a diarretic. :D

Botch said:
jomari said:
After checking out the juicer prices, I was happy to see that just "eating" fruits and veggies is just as good; I like chewing. :mrgreen:

Some of the juicers my sister and cousin found where relatively expensive for my taste, the Jack Lemmannes (?) i saw at costco was at $89.99 this weekend. They got one from walmart, around 70 bucks.

I dont mind the juicing part, i think its not necessary, but considering what they mentioned about how much you have to eat to reach the potency of the juicer, is what makes it er... worthwhile?

Dont forget the cost of fruits and vegetables. its a healthy diet, but a bit on the rich side for me.

We bought some Kale over the weekend via Whole Foods. Man i wish we had a flea market open later than 12 noon...

I just watched this last night too and could not believe it. I loved this movie. It's amazing.

Botch said:
jomari said:

Botch, I'm with you. Althought you can get a Jack LaLane juicer for about $69 on amazon. Also, you can blend your fruit and then put it through a sieve. Or not and just drink the pulp.

Next part is a little graphic but necessary to the conversation. Inspired by the movie I packed stawberries, bananas, and apples as my food for the day. Anyway, I shit twice by 10 AM and the second time I couldn't believe what I saw in the bowl. Chunks of strawberries and apples. that shit (literally) went through my entire digestive system in an hour! And, by the looks of things, I need to learn to chew better.

After that experience I can see why people juice instead of just eat fruits and veggies, they are maximizing micro-nutrient intake by taking out the pulp so they don't shit it out before they absorb what they need.

Anyway, by 10:30 I had to change my plan of attack because I was starving and fruit wasn't cutting it. I went acros the street to McCallasters (chain) and got a chopped salad. It was so freakin good I didn't even need the dressing. It did have checken in it so I should be ok. But I can still feel another trip to the pot coming along.

So right now, I am seriously thinking about juicing but at 196/ 5'9" I am way smaller than Joe was. But I still might try it. But I might wait until labor day so I can have a 3 day weekend off of work to get into the groove.

Man I really want to juice. So I need to find a decent juicer for the price.

Found this one
http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-67 ... 193&sr=8-3

But now I am thinking it would just be a convenience factor. I already have a nice food processor. Just would need to strain/press out the pulp (messy).

Or I could put the money toward a nicer blender and then I would have a unit that would serve multiple purposes.

Who wants to juice with me?

BTW, this is so doable for me because I work around the corner from the Raleigh Farmers Market. Anything and everything at my fingertips.

Dennie said:
Doghart said:

D
Hey Dog, I was the same way, although I don't go to the gym, I have a Gardening Business and get lots of exercise, but was packing an extra 20 - 30lbs around.

Dr. Oz recommend this on one of his shows and I'll be damned if I didn't drop 23lbs so far. I started taking this in March and weighed 183lbs. This morning I weighed in at 160lbs and have only changed my diet a little. I eat smaller portions and have cut my processed sugar in more than half.

51pYMDncQpL._AA300_PIbundle-1,TopRight,0,0AA300_SH20_.jpg

Here is the link ----->http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Factors-Wellbetx-Mulberry-180-Count/dp/B0019LPJDM/ref=pd_sim_hpc_1

Ordered some to check it out.

I usually weigh around 188-195. I should clock in around 165-170 for my height (5'8").

Let ya know how it goes, I want to try the 10 day fast, but I will give this a shot first.

Thanks for the info!

D

man im excited!

i didnt know i would influence so many people to watch this movie, let alone get on the juicing wagon! :music-listening:

im also glad that most of us are looking to 'get healthier', no matter what method.

i am thinking about the meds dennie posted, but as maximo mentioned earlier, its going to be a bit messy to say the least.

i admit. i hate using the can anywhere outside home. its a pain in the ass for me, the family and the GF. this is why we rarely eat out. i eat, stomachache, and wait until we're heading home. is it hygeine, mentally thinking im dirty or something, i dont know. all i know is, i guess im not used to it.

anyhoo, the juicing part of it is to be able to 'extract' as much micronutrients as possible, in a compact form of intake. thus they showed it early in the show, how many vegetables and fruits was on a plate, and how to 'shrink' it to a drink.

i know its going to be a difficult ride, but im sure if its for our health, i can learn to use the head more often.

eat more fruits, vegetables, and minimize protein intake. this alone is a start. :)

Well, one manta that has helped me put it into perspective is "meat is a treat".

....Unless your Matt. His is a snack. :eek:bscene-birdiedoublered:

Hey Jomari and Dog,

It is a Fiber Supplement (not a drug or medicine) and from what I understand, as I am no doctor, you take it (1 to 4 capsules) 5 to 10 minutes before you eat. The bad stuff (medical term) is taken through your system by attaching to the fiber. Instead of planting itself in your system and adding to belly fat, etc...!

It has been a wonder supplement for me. I did start eating smaller portions and made meat a side dish and not the main dish, anymore. Veggie's are now the biggest portion of my dinner and meat is smaller and treated as a side dish. For lunch, I typically eat a sandwich. Now along with the Fiber, I only eat a half a sandwich and a piece of fruit and I am full. Also, I was sugar junkie and I now use Truvia which is Stevia, a 100% natural sweetener and is fat free. I still use some white sugar, but less than half of what I use to use.

The pounds started dropping off. I could never get under 175lbs, no matter what I did and as I said, I am now 158 - 161lbs. I fluctuate a few pounds, especially over the weekend.

I does not make you go to the bathroom, as I work outside, this was a big concern. But it has no laxative property. Maybe it makes it easier to go, but I can't say, as I am pretty regular. It can/will make you a little "gassy" at first, but as your body gets use to the fiber, the "gassiness" pretty much goes away.

I started taking one capsule with lunch and dinner for two days, then I took one with lunch and two with dinner for a couple of days. Now, I take 3 with lunch and 3 with dinner and it seems I am still losing a pound or two a week. I am going to go back to 2 and 2, as I am not trying to lose any more weight.

I hope this helps, and if there is any other questions, I will do my best to answer them.

Keep us posted,

Dennie

My brother was telling me about this and (guessing) he has been "juicing" for a while now. I haven't watched any of the links he sent me, but I will admit, I'm not a big fan at all of fasting. I can not stand to be hungry.

I do need to make a change. I have tried different diets, but all of them seem to crash and I'm back to square one. I have been able to keep the 20lbs I lost a few months ago off, so I guess that is a good thing.

Oops! I forgot to add.....

You have to run 17 miles a day and do 1000 push-ups and Sit-ups a day!

I'm joking..! I did forget to mention, you are supposed to drink a glass of water when you take the capsules!

I think that is fairly important or you'll have a lump of cork in your stomach and that can't be good!

Dennie

Dennie said:
.....I think that is fairly important or you'll have a lump of cork in your stomach and that can't be good!........

Least of my problems. Trying to pass it out of the colon is when I'd get worried.

Yesfan70 said:
Dennie said:
.....I think that is fairly important or you'll have a lump of cork in your stomach and that can't be good!........

Least of my problems. Trying to pass it out of the colon is when I'd get worried.
That would sound even better than a champagne cork. We could have distance contests! Clay pigeons! ("PULL!!" pra-a-a-ang!) :laughing:

Back