• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Finished my Disc-To-Digital Project

Haywood

Famous
I just did my last 108 movies and now have a total of 432 films in my Vudu account. All but one are 1080p HDX and all but a few are UV. I "upgraded" over 300 DVDs to HD at $2.50 each and got HDX copies of quite a few Blu-Rays for $1 each. The rest of my library mainly consists of movies I bought codes for at an average of $5 each.

Congrats!

I know you've been working toward that goal for a long time.

Haywood I have 443 movies all HDX but about 15 given to me free when signing up. I still have about 150 more Blurays to go.

I have one SD copy of Iron Man 3 that I got a refund for. Every other movie I have is HDX. I have identified about 25 movies that I can probably get converted at Walmart, but are not working with the D-to-D application. The other half of my movie collection is ineligible thanks mainly to Disney and MGM. I have a huge Asian section and most of those movies are either a) not available anyway or b) distributed by Disney. I also have a ton of Disney movies and of course we can forget about Indiana Jones, Star Wars or anything Marvel as part of the Disney problem. It really baffles me why Disney thinks they are coming out ahead. Do they really think I'm going to repurchase all of those movies?

Yeah it sucks that you can buy the Indiana Jones movies directly from Vudu dot com but can't convert your existing copies. I also have a lot of Disney and MGM also. One day hopefully. I have a bunch that D2D also doesn't recognize.

Some of the things you can and cannot convert don't even make sense. For example, Bridget Jones' Diary is not eligible, but the sequel is. There is no rhyme or reason to some of it.

I'm still pissed that Wal Mart came out with "The Great Escape" digital code (exclusive) six months after the release of the Bluray I bought day of release and yet this movie is not eligible for disc to digital and Vudu wants 12.00 for the code.

I live in a house full of women. Romantic comedies happen.

That exclusive code crap pisses me off too. If the studios want UV to take off, they are certainly good at shooting themselves in the foot on a regular basis. They really don't make it easy.

I linked my nephew to my account at Christmas and today he loaded up 43 movies so I'm up to 484 movies. Had to bust his balls cause one of the movies was Battlefield Earth with John Travolta. I told him drugs were bad Mmmmmkay. But he gave me some good ones I didn't own and says he'll add more in a little while. Finally glad one of my linked family members is finally contributing and he remembered to add them all as HDX.

I found an HD code for Iron Man 3, so now I have zero SD movies in my collection.

In three weeks went from 484 movies to 767 movies (Man I love the fact I added my nephew whose a bigger movie fan than I am. Almost 100 movies a week he's been adding.

Haywood my nephew gave me a great idea. He said to go to the public library and do disc to digital from there. So today went to my local library and they had hundreds of dvd's. I just sat in a chair logged on to the library wifi with my laptop and just started inserting DVDs I wanted. As usual some worked some weren't eligible for disc to digital and some gave errors. But out of the 75 I picked out I was able to get 50 movies of DVDs I didn't even own including some great classics. I had Michelle return the disc back to the shelf when I was done and she watched my laptop whenever I was picking out new titles. The public library had a bunch of new titles also. The library staff couldn't care less and never checked on what I was doing. So if you wanna expand your library.

Oh yeah Vudu emailed me and said the 50% off sale is going on now till June 2014.

MatthewB said:
Oh yeah Vudu emailed me and said the 50% off sale is going on now till June 2014.

That's fantastic! I have a plan to do a conversion swap with my dad that could easily yield a couple hundred movies. I just won't have the cash until April.

I think my nephew thinks this a competition. After adding 50 movies today he went to Wal Mart and added 30 more. We're gonna be at 900 movies by next week.

It costs money to do a disc-to-digital, right? Or it only costs to upgrade to HD? Have a bunch of movies I could use from my DVD collection, but if it costs much at all...not sure it's worth it...

The DirtMerchant said:
It costs money to do a disc-to-digital, right? Or it only costs to upgrade to HD? Have a bunch of movies I could use from my DVD collection, but if it costs much at all...not sure it's worth it...

You can get a 1080p DD 7.1 version of a movie you own on DVD for $2.50 if you do ten or more at a time. That is a hell of a lot cheaper than buying them on Blu-Ray.

Back