• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Fios Internet slower than Comcast?

-B-

It seems my Internet is slower here in my new place than it was at my old place with comcast. When I had fios a few years ago it was faster than cable, which is why I chose it. Could it be the router? I was using a Linksys at my last place, now I have the Verizon supplied hardware. The connection is straight from the fios box downstairs with one new coax installed when they came out, no splitters.

I can't speak for Verizon's equipment, but when I upgraded my router from Linksys B to N (ethernet), the speed increase was material, and also WIFI.

Rope

It also depends which speeds did you choose. Fios offers 15/5 and 25/15. I have the 25/15 and I get those speeds easily from the wired desktop.

I did a speed test on the iPad and the wired desktop.

iPad results

Ping 217ms
DL 8.69 Mbps
Upload 4.94 Mbps

Desktop results

Ping 42ms
DL 14.07
Upload 5.18 Mbps

I did an iPhone test too

Ping 79ms
DL 9.91 Mbps
Upload 5.18

Something is obviously wrong with the iPads numbers in comparison with the others.

I'm not exactly sure how these numbers decipher, but there is an obvious difference in wireless vs. Wired.

-B- said:
I did a speed test on the iPad and the wired desktop.

iPad results

Ping 217ms
DL 8.69 Mbps
Upload 4.94 Mbps

Desktop results

Ping 42ms
DL 14.07
Upload 5.18 Mbps

I did an iPhone test too

Ping 79ms
DL 9.91 Mbps
Upload 5.18

Something is obviously wrong with the iPads numbers in comparison with the others.

I'm not exactly sure how these numbers decipher, but there is an obvious difference in wireless vs. Wired.

Typical.

Rope

Back