• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Flying Colors - a new supergroup

Oh... I thought at first reading you said "masturbate".

Carry on.

Woo-hoo! Coming on Oct 4.

VDm7myheEJRq2digvKXLH3-1200-80.jpg
Been listening to this all morning - I think I'm on my third time through. I like it a lot! Too soon to tell whether it supplants their second album as my favorite, but it's definitely up there.

These guys are so good.

And prog doesn't suck, so don't even go there @Towen7. :moon:

So I finally took the time to sit down and listen to the latest album from Flying Colors, and DAMN! This is their best, yet! The recording is pretty damn good, as well.

So I finally took the time to sit down and listen to the latest album from Flying Colors, and DAMN! This is their best, yet! The recording is pretty damn good, as well.

It is very good indeed!!

7154kn0acML._SL1500_.jpg

Awesome concert! These gents just keep getting better and better together. PQ was good, lots of close-ups. SQ was OUTSTANDING in my opinion.

While all these guys are incredibly talented, the performances that stood out to me in this concert were by Steve Morse (lead guitar) and Dave LaRue (bass).

I particularly loved the suite of songs in the latter half of the concert: Peaceful Harbor - Crawl - Infinite Fire - Cosmic Symphony. Each of these is a long and complex "symphonic" piece (the shortest being 9 minutes), and gave each performer a chance to shine. Just outstanding compositions.

(Just as an aside because I know you all care, one of Joe Bonamassa's Tour de Force concerts - from a series of four - was done in this same venue, Shepherd's Bush Empire in London.)

Back