• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Forum Musical Talent

Maybe someday, yeah I've got a few lessons under my belt but I can't play an entire song or read sheet music yet...I would love to get to that point and if I do I will post something...

I'm trying to learn "iMovie" as we speak...

What video format is best for YouTube? I've not posted video before.

movie.files can be huge, so a format which is already compressed takes less time to upload.

That said, YouTube will transcode everything we upload to the format it wants to use. So if you use a lossy encoder, there cojld be artifacts or other degredations in the finished product. So, for the highest quality, you should upload in an uncrompressed or very low compression format.

I chose to.compress.mine into an MP4 format to speed up the.upload time.

I'll brush up my movie making skills and film myself farting the Star Spangle Banner.

Rope

^ No need to worry about the loud ones that come in large enough quantity to last through Star Spangle Banner.

It's the quiet and short ones that are deadly.
gas-mask-smiley.gif

When I feel I'm "worthy" enough to don a T-shirt with the word "Fender" across the chest, then I'll post mine. Until then, I'll just sit back and listen (and learn) for a while.

Well, I too am still a super noob and have no intentions of recording myself yet. If I had the talent of the members up above, then I would, but I ain't even close.

However, if my wife would have been doing ehr job and recorded me or at least taken some pictures when I was playing at the local jam session, I might have posted that. Actually my first time on stage when Id did Whole Lotta Love would have been the right time cuz I was playing with a bunch of really good musicians and I am sure they made me sound a lot better. But alas, that ship has sailed.

Seriously excellent work folks. You guys make me proud.

I don't have much musical talent but I did buy one of these today

e73e4a54.jpg

Washburn OU2 ukulele. Never played one, got a Uke for Dummies ebook that includes video and audio instruction when viewed on the iPad.

Can I request Tip Toe Through The Tulips as your first song? :happy-smileygiantred:

tinytim.jpg

I'm going to see if I can record my son playing his drums someday........hopefully this summer.

mzpro5 said:
Botch said:
Zing: no.

:angry-tappingfoot:

Thank you.

I am actually hoping to be able to do Staireway to Heaven after a couple months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYP4Ye9whrA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I've always wanted to play a Uke. I almost considered getting my son a cheap one to play on, but then my common sense kicked in before ordering. I could just see him messing with the tuning pegs, and one of the strings break and smacks him in the face.

Lots of good Uke videos on You Tube too Mz...."My dog has fleas!"

Back