• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Fox News Channel

Thus my stance that unless you truely engage the political system through real action watching "the news" and debating it on the Internet or agreeing with your buddies at the donut shop or around the office is all sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Towen7 said:
debating it on the Internet or agreeing with your buddies at the donut shop or around the office is all sound and fury, signifying nothing.
That does boost business for doughnut shops and internet forums, no? :think:

I concede.

My gift to you is letting you have the last word with a snide comment directed at me which has nothing to do with my point or any point being discussed for that matter. It apparently means a lot to you.

Your welcome

DIYer said:
Towen7 said:
debating it on the Internet or agreeing with your buddies at the donut shop or around the office is all sound and fury, signifying nothing.
That does boost business for doughnut shops and internet forums, no? :think:

Haywood said:
What the hell are you even talking about. Citizens United is the name of a Supreme Court decision in which they ruled that money = speech.
They are an organization, a Republican organization, http://www.citizensunited.org/ . And of course the left hates it, ( there is a left, Democrats, Liberals, in America today, and should be.)

The decision by the SC basically leveled the playing field. The unions could donate unlimited funds, but businesses, companies, and corporations could not. Here's a quote from the opinion: "When government seeks to use its full power, including the criminal law, to command where a person may get his or her information or what distrusted source he may or she may not hear, it uses censorship to control thought. This is unlawful."

Towen7 said:
I concede.

My gift to you is letting you have the last word with a snide comment directed at me which has nothing to do with my point or any point being discussed for that matter. It apparently means a lot to you.

Your welcome
Why be so serious? :shock:
I guess this is what happens when I forget to put smiley or something similar... :(

Let me borrow -B-'s words once more. viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6345&p=113688#p113726

The idea that there is anything approaching a level playing field between corporations and unions is laughable any more. Unions are dying and on life support. Meanwhile, retirement benefits are all but completely gone, the bulk of healthcare costs have been shifted to workers, wages are at a 40 year low and corporate profits are at an all-time high. The pendulum swung too far. Supply-side economics is destroying the middle-class.

far_130811.gif

^^^ Yep it's free, but it's pretty sad most people aren't smart enough to apply it.

Srvy said:
Dennie said:

So what are you saying here if you watch FOX news you don't care about any of the bottom half that picture?

I'm sayin' look at the fuckin' joke that came in my email today. :happy-smileygiantred:

What are you sayin'?

Dennie

Srvy said:
Dennie said:

So what are you saying here if you watch FOX news you don't care about any of the bottom half that picture?
The Far Left Side is a liberal web comic drawn by Mike Stanfill, an atheist leftist, with new episodes available every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Stanfill's first works were recaptioning/re-ballooning of episodes of The Far Side by Gary Larson with leftist and liberal messages. Eventually, after sufficient copyright threats, he learned to produce computer-generated artwork and now his works are all original, even if his style isn't.

It's a cartoon showing how the evil corporations buy the news, I think.

I'm still trying to figure out the "bottom half" of a pic divided into thirds... :think:

Im still trying to figure out where the fucking in that joke is.

Id suggest some you know your a redneck when. There pretty lame but a hell of a lot funnier than that shit.

And ok Mr Stephan Hawking the bottom 1/3rd if that makes ya happy.

If Eisenhower were alive today, the Tea Party, the Fox News pundits and half the Republicans in congress would call him a left-wing extremist.

Shepard Smith has signed a new multi-year deal with Fox News Channel in which he will become the primary breaking news anchor for the network. In the process, he will lose his 7pmET “Fox Report,” while his 3pmET program “Studio B” will now be known as “Shepard Smith Reporting.”

This new deal sets in play other changes coming to Fox News primetime. Drudge reported last month that Megyn Kelly‘s new primetime show would air at 9pm, paving the way for Sean Hannity to take over the 7pm hour.

I'm assuming O'Reilly will stay at 8:00pm.

Srvy said:
Im still trying to figure out where the fucking in that joke is.

Id suggest some you know your a redneck when. There pretty lame but a hell of a lot funnier than that shit.

And ok Mr Stephan Hawking the bottom 1/3rd if that makes ya happy.

Me too. I didn't see any fucking in that joke.

:angelic-green:

Wow. That cartoon got a little rise out of you, huh. I think maybe you didn't understand it......

Back