• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Fox News Channel

It seems to me that the people who claim they don't watch news and FOX,CNN,MSMBC and the Legacy Networks seemed to have one opinion. And its always they suck :D If your not watching how do you come to this conclusion.
And I include myself in this.

Pretty apathetic comment there about not watching any national news.

The reporters (e.g. Ed Henry, Steve Roberts) and newspapers should not be biased, but we know the are, by a huge margin to the left. If I remember correctly President Bush would get beat up at his WH Press Conferences. President Obama still gets soft balls from the corps, even after 4 1/2 years. Now the news commentators (e.g. Sean Hannity, Chris Matthews) do and should have an agenda, in my opinion.

Democrats and Republicans on most issues are 180 degrees apart, and elections have consequences. With the Immigration Bill and the Affordable Care Act coming to a head, we should have an opinion and know what side to be on.

Fox commentators (not reporters) encourage the Republican stance, all the rest fall in line with the Democrats, thats normal and OK. Pick the side you align with, watch and enjoy.

I think Shepard Smith leans pretty far left, but overall does a good job on Fox's actual news program, The Fox Report. All the rest of their lineup is opinion, or commentating programming.

Megan Kelly was impressive in the daytime slot. I'm guessing she will become a huge star in prime time. I will happily continue to watch the FNC.

Srvy said:
It seems to me that the people who claim they don't watch news and FOX,CNN,MSMBC and the Legacy Networks seemed to have one opinion. And its always they suck :D If your not watching how do you come to this conclusion.
And I include myself in this.

I don't watch them because of what I inevitably see when I do. It is an informed decision. I've seen plenty of programming from all three. MSNBC has a really obnoxious editorial bias, but Fox presents the most distorted "news" of the bunch. Let's just say that they cherry pick the facts they present in what are often extremely misleading ways. That's putting aside the insane clown posse of pundits. These are people who would call Eisenhower a left-wing extremist if he were alive today.

Trudge said:
Pretty apathetic comment there about not watching any national news.

The reporters (e.g. Ed Henry, Steve Roberts) and newspapers should not be biased, but we know the are, by a huge margin to the left. If I remember correctly President Bush would get beat up at his WH Press Conferences. President Obama still gets soft balls from the corps, even after 4 1/2 years. Now the news commentators (e.g. Sean Hannity, Chris Matthews) do and should have an agenda, in my opinion.

Democrats and Republicans on most issues are 180 degrees apart, and elections have consequences. With the Immigration Bill and the Affordable Care Act coming to a head, we should have an opinion and know what side to be on.

Fox commentators (not reporters) encourage the Republican stance, all the rest fall in line with the Democrats, thats normal and OK. Pick the side you align with, watch and enjoy.

I think Shepard Smith leans pretty far left, but overall does a good job on Fox's actual news program, The Fox Report. All the rest of their lineup is opinion, or commentating programming.

Megan Kelly was impressive in the daytime slot. I'm guessing she will become a huge star in prime time. I will happily continue to watch the FNC.

I agree and Shep is in my opinion the best news reader in the business. That's the deal most likely we think he leans way left but it doesn't come over as blatant. The newscaster of yesteryear were lefties some actually had ties to communist party (WC) but they didn't preach there bias on air.
Newspapers became so far left they are a non-factor now many are going under or have cut back content to where for every page of news content 5 to 10 of adds. There going the way of the dinosaurs. The editorial staffs on News papers are so left its unbearable telling the public who to vote for. They throw in a conservative spin for shits and grins from a syndicated columnist. Still they dont get it as the readership goes down and there reporters beg you to take a free paper and sign up for the daily paper in all places the super market :D.
The Legacy Networks are well on there way to trash heap like the newspapers are going unless they get a clue. We used to rely on the network news to keep our government honest now they have become the spokesperson for the DNC. Borders on treasonous there looking the other way on scandals of this administration.

When so called news became a part of Nielson ratings ($$$$$$$), it ceased being news and has become a full blown Hollywood production ($$$$$$$). What is portrayed as news is nothing more than biased speculation, opinions, story telling with a bit of drama thrown in good measure. Makes for entertaing television, right?

In my area the local evening news is a 2 hour affair. The amount of actual news reported in that period of time could be presented in 15 minutes, but where's the money in that?

Rope

Trudge said:
Pretty apathetic comment there about not watching any national news.........

I disagree and think Towen hit the nail on the head. You don't have to watch the news to get the news. I don't and have never been happier. I get most of my news by reading on the internet, but like with anything else, you got to take what you read anymore with a grain of salt.

Yesfan70 said:
Trudge said:

I disagree and think Towen hit the nail on the head. You don't have to watch the news to get the news. I don't and have never been happier. I get most of my news by reading on the internet, but like with anything else, you got to take what you read anymore with a grain of salt.

"I get the news I need on the weather report."
emotion-29.gif
emotion-29.gif

Dennie :teasing-tease:

I get most of my news from a very wide range of sources online. I figure if I hit sources with a broad range of biases, I can piece together what's really going on. This is a nasty rabbit hole though, because I think what's really going on is far worse than the ignorant faux-right-wing crap being shoveled by Fox or the gigantic Democratic dick-sucking being delivered on a daily basis by MSNBC. We have a huge foundational problem: our government is for sale to the highest bidder.

Haywood said:
I get most of my news from a very wide range of sources online. I figure if I hit sources with a broad range of biases, I can piece together what's really going on. This is a nasty rabbit hole though, because I think what's really going on is far worse than the ignorant faux-right-wing crap being shoveled by Fox or the gigantic Democratic dick-sucking being delivered on a daily basis by MSNBC. We have a huge foundational problem: our government is for sale to the highest bidder.
I see and agree with what you're saying, except don't understand "our government is for sale to the highest bidder"

Haywood said:
We have a huge foundational problem: our government is for sale to the highest bidder.
So heartily agree with you here. The SC decision on Citizen's United may end up destroying this nation... :(

When voting on a wide range of things that really matter, but get little press attention, votes tend to divide along lines of who got contributions from who rather than on party lines. It's pretty blatant. When you throw in Citizens United and the fact that limits on media ownership are gone, combined with the fact that a very small number of huge corporations now control most of the media, you realize that the deck is stacked. No candidate who is not acceptable to big-money interests can get elected. Period. They will either ignore or destroy anyone they don't like. I voted for Romney, but wasn't that upset when Obama won because they are basically the same guy after you remove a couple stupid wedge issues. Both candidates were vetted by the people with the money. Take a look at the income distribution in this country and the percentage of EVERYTHING that is owned by only 350 people. We are dangerously close to becoming Russia and I don't mean Soviet Russia.

Dennie said:
Yesfan70 said:
Trudge said:

"I get the news I need on the weather report."
emotion-29.gif
emotion-29.gif

Dennie :teasing-tease:

You must have the most stable weather in the world. If I relied on the network weather in the spring we would constantly be cowering in the basement. Winters would be constantly stocking up with 400.00 worth of groceries for the winter storm of the century that never comes. Nah my best weather forecast is me looking out the window at sunup :D

I just read The National Enquirer it's about as believable as what's on TV (with the exception of The Colbert Report) which although a comedy show seems to get the news right.....pretty much all of the time.

Botch said:
Haywood said:
We have a huge foundational problem: our government is for sale to the highest bidder.
So heartily agree with you here. The SC decision on Citizen's United may end up destroying this nation... :(
Like I said, Democrats and Republicans on most issues are 180 degrees apart. Citizens United is a Republican program. I won't pretend to know everything they do, but I do support the politicians who are behind it.

The vote you're able to cast at election time is nothing more than a choice illusion, which makes paying your taxes a bit more palatable.

There exists no happening in D.C. that's not orchestrated by special interest hired guns (lobbyist) and ther bought and paid for politicians. Special interest groups make certain their hired guns arrive in Washington loaded with green.

If you're of the opinion elected officials gave up their lucrative salaries in the private sector (majority are attorneys) to earn $174,000.00 (congressman), or $2,000,000.00 (POTUS) per annum, you are nieve.

Rope

Trudge said:
Botch said:
Haywood said:
Like I said, Democrats and Republicans on most issues are 180 degrees apart. Citizens United is a Republican program. I won't pretend to know everything they do, but I do support the politicians who are behind it.

What the hell are you even talking about. Citizens United is the name of a Supreme Court decision in which they ruled that money = speech.

Democrats and Republicans are "180 degrees apart" on a handful of wedge issues that ultimately have very little impact. Both support a growing police state. Both support policies that put more people per capita than any other country in prison. Both support spying on our own citizens. Both support military adventurism abroad. Both support bail-outs for big business. So they disagree on abortion, gays and a few other things. Big freakin' whoop. While people argue about this crap, they are selling us out to corporations and billionaires.

Rope said:
The vote you're able to cast at election time is nothing more than a choice illusion, which makes paying your taxes a bit more palatable.

There exists no happening in D.C. that's not orchestrated by special interest hired guns (lobbyist) and ther bought and paid for politicians. Special interest groups make certain their hired guns arrive in Washington loaded with green.

If you're of the opinion elected officials gave up their lucrative salaries in the private sector (majority are attorneys) to earn $174,000.00 (congressman), or $2,000,000.00 (POTUS) per annum, you are nieve.

Rope

Exactly.

Back