• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Full Size Headphone Hanger/Stand

Rope

Famous
What do the "can" people use to temporarily store their headphones when not in use?

Any ideas?

Rope :music-listen:

I have wall hangers for mine. In my studio I use a wall mount guitar hanger because when I am recording the headphones usually stay on our ears when the guitar needs a temporary home. In my HT I use a small wall hook, the kind they used to sell on TV which is a curved wire you stick in the wall and it holds intself in place. My AKGs have wire top bands, soI just hook one of them on the wall hook.

I've also used dummy heads / mannequin heads and plate stands.

Flint said:
In my HT I use a small wall hook, the kind they used to sell on TV which is a curved wire you stick in the wall and it holds intself in place. My AKGs have wire top bands, soI just hook one of them on the wall hook.

Do you mean Monkey Hooks? These are great for hanging stuff. I keep a few on hand just in case.

41GaLzIlbYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Mine just sit on a shelf. :oops: But I have a little multi-level shelf right next to my work computer where I keep the headphones and headphone amps.

I could use a wall hanger, but my display is smack dab in the way, so I'd prefer something I could set on my Can Am cabinet.

While doing some searches and poking around on the net I found the following picture of a home made hanger. Looks interesting, and has cable management, also.

IMG_0300.jpg

The only draw back is the mounting screws should be fore and aft, not side by side.

Rope

I have a couple custom made (by me of course) hangers under my custom(me again) component table.

I often use the fancy aluminum box that my T1 came with.

Unless you're looking to spend as little as possible, Woo makes three different models that I think are pretty sharp. One here and two others here.

Back