• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Game of Thrones - SPOILER THREAD

What are the chances that once people separate from the moment that they'll see the final season as the perfect way to end the story. Like, in 10 years when you go back and watch it, will this be the right ending?

I say that because Firefly was like that. When the movie was made and they killed two of the main characters and moved one out of the main plot, it was very angering to the hardcore fans who desperately wanted more. But now that there hasn't been more, it makes perfect sense and really was the right way to finish the story.
Maybe, but I think it's more than that here. The writing, for the most part, just hasn't been that good this season. Maybe tonight's episode will redeem the season, but I'm keeping my expectations low just in case.

I’ve been avoiding this thread.....having just returned from vacation. We’re watching EPs 4 & 5 for a refresh leading into tonight’s finale.....after that I’ll get caught up on the few posts I’ve been avoiding here.

I wonder, based on the reactions of fans to season 8, if Disney will hit the pause button on the two guys who have written the last two seasons of GOT's? They at least have to be second guessing themselves at this point.

Heard on the radio today, that some are speculating that HBO is leaving these water bottles and coffee cups in the scenes to get people to scour through the shows looking for them. I posted earlier about how Jamie might still be alive, but being one of the first scenes of the last episode is Tyrion looking for and finding his dead brother and sister, that also makes me think HBO was behind that. Instead of these cheap viral theatrics, how about just give us a decent ending? The season wasn't horrible, but it surely wasn't on par with the previous seasons. Although I'm not one who wants to see it remade, it is what it is. I almost get the feeling that they did it this way to leave it open for a continuation of the story, should they want to. I also saw this yesterday and thought it was funny.
Snow.jpg

I saw this as meme, but the picture was stupid, but here's what it said: When there's no throne for a king to sit, so you chose one that his own chair. Still a better reason for Bran the Broken to be king rather than the reasoning they gave the other night.

So...........There's a theory, probably incorrect, that there is a secret 7th episode that is supposed to air Sunday night, revealing that the last episode was all a dream of Bran's. I'm really hoping this is true, but most of the other theories have been wrong, so I don't have much hope. It would be risky for HBO to do, since I'm guessing a bunch of people ended their subscriptions Monday morning after the 6th episode aired, but it would be the mindfuck that was so desperately needed in Season 8. LINK to the article

So...........There's a theory, probably incorrect, that there is a secret 7th episode that is supposed to air Sunday night, revealing that the last episode was all a dream of Bran's. I'm really hoping this is true, but most of the other theories have been wrong, so I don't have much hope. It would be risky for HBO to do, since I'm guessing a bunch of people ended their subscriptions Monday morning after the 6th episode aired, but it would be the mindfuck that was so desperately needed in Season 8. LINK to the article

Sounds to me that someone (not you rob) watched too much Dallas.

Sounds to me that someone (not you rob) watched too much Dallas.
I know, right? I doubt it is going to happen, but if it did, and they did it well, I think most of the fans would forgive the last season if it ended better than it did.

Super late but finally just started watching GOT. Will scroll back through this post to read all your comments after I get through it. My tattoo artist is a huge fan so now we will have more subject matter to discuss while I am on the table for extended sessions. Enjoying the first season each episode almost feels like a movie.

I am hoping to start GOT soon as I have heard so many good things about it.
It's been good so far I'm only seven episodes into season one A little bit of soap opera drama here and there and (fair warning) some pretty graphic sex and violence. Great production value, laundry list of recognizable actors in a very ensemble like cast. Almost feels like a mini Lord of The Rings movie quality in each episode. The scale of the world that George RR Martin created with all the different kingdoms and lands and peoples is impressive and also a lot to figure out at first. But I'm in for the long haul if all the seasons are as solid as this first one.

Last edited:
Finished season two everyone is warning me that all the really bad stuff starts happening in season three. Bring it on LOL.

Back