• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Girls on HBO

Flint

Prodigal Son
Superstar
In my hotel room last week I was working at the desk on my notebook PC and had the TV on HBO. The show Girls came on, and while I didn't expect to enjoy the show, so much as been said about it and the writer/star Lisa Dunham, that I thought I'd let it run and see what the fuss was about.

Well... I was ready to poke my eyes out and stab needles into my ears in order to never experience that crap again in my life.

My goodness!!! What a total pile of crap!!! The characters are miserable people who cannot string two sentences together with any sort of logic to support the use of words. The acting was TERRIBLE! The pacing was stupid and dull. Literally everything about the show was so stupid and poorly done - well, except the sets, the sets were good - and the lighting, the lighting seemed fine - so everything except the sets and lighting were terrible, childish, unprofessional and poorly done. I could not believe the show was being made at all.

Is this some sort of terrible joke by HBO to use terrible writing and acting to prove they care about feminists?

Man.

Why is that show on TV?

Millennials man. I think some of them really live and think like the characters in the show. It's crossed my mind that Lena Dunham might have some unusual psychological disorder in which she craves intense negative criticism.

But really, the dialog could have been written by a random writers generator

Yeah the whole show is cringe worthy. My wife watches it and when I am in there when it's on I begin to feel sick.

I watched one episode, where Lisa Dunham was in love with some dude who just liked to use her sexually. As in he only liked to give it to her up the arse. I thought this was a comedy, I found the show very depressing. Plus just watching Lisa Dunham hurts my eyes, worst wardrobe on tv, plus worst hair cut for a female,uggg. :handgestures-thumbdown:

Flint, have you watched Banshee? Over the top action, stories are a little out there, but great nude/sex scenes, very good cast and acting for what it is. Or how about John Oliver's show Last Week Tonight, I find that pretty funny though you might not as it's on the lefty liberal side of humor.

Apparently it has been cancelled. The ratings were never good, but someone wanted to try to make it poplar

I watched the pointless pilot and was immediately cured of any interest I had in that train wreck of a show. Sadly, I can never un-see Lena Dunham naked.

Back