• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Godzilla

walls

Me, I can't wait to see this. The newest trailer is quite promising and HOPEFULLY they get it right.

Been ten years since the king of all monsters has had a new movie, I'm stoked!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIu85WQTPRc[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBwsUD7jYCI[/youtube]

Trailers added by Zing

I want to see this too.

I'm glad he doesn't look like an overgrown Iguana like in that other flick.

If the other one wasn't called Godzilla it would have been just OK, but they totally blew it as a Godzilla film.

BTW RottenTomatoes has the new one at 88%!!!

I just realized that the AMC less than 5 miles away has one of only six of their Prime theaters in the country featuring Dolby Atmos and seat transducers in premium leather seats. I really wasn't considering seeing Godzilla before but man, that might be a pretty awesome experience.

CMonster said:
I just realized that the AMC less than 5 miles away has one of only six of their Prime theaters in the country featuring Dolby Atmos and seat transducers in premium leather seats. I really wasn't considering seeing Godzilla before but man, that might be a pretty awesome experience.
Flight booked :happy-smileygiantred:

Batman said:
CMonster said:

What he said!! :banana-dance:

walls said:
Batman said:
CMonster said:

What he said!! :banana-dance:

What they said!! :music-rockout:

I just got home from seeing the King of all Momsters kicking ass, and this US reboot did not disappoint! I don't even acknowledge the other American zilla, this version is redemption of that horrible film. I grew up loving everything Godzilla so huge fan anyway Godzilla as great! A tad slow due to back stories but that is expected, I def loved it and IMAX is a must!!!! Highly recommend if you are fan big G or like this type of genre I will be going back for another viewing.

DIYer said:
Tee said:
Highly recommend if you are fan big G or like this type of genre
How would you compare it to Pacific Rim?

I love PR too, however they are kind of different Godzilla story line is deeper/heavier than PR. PR back story was summed up fast in the opening of the film then got right to the action, with a light back story in between to slow the pace of the film. Godzilla gives more balance of the human side along with the monsters. I guess it's hard for me to compare them, now for the next Godzilla sequel I believe will have more action now that the origins are out of the way but still provide a great story as well. I'm hopeful especially if they keep the same writer and director, I thought the script was very well done.

Tee said:
DIYer said:
Tee said:
Highly recommend if you are fan big G or like this type of genre
How would you compare it to Pacific Rim?

I love PR too, however they are kind of different Godzilla story line is deeper/heavier than PR. PR back story was summed up fast in the opening of the film then got right to the action, with a light back story in between to slow the pace of the film. Godzilla gives more balance of the human side along with the monsters. I guess it's hard for me to compare them, now for the next Godzilla sequel I believe will have more action now that the origins are out of the way but still provide a great story as well. I'm hopeful especially if they keep the same writer and director, I thought the script was very well done.

i agree, Pacific rim was essentially a tribute, a montage towards the genre, but didnt have enough oomph to call it 'godzilla' quality. it had that entertainment factor but didnt have the essence that made godzilla er... godzilla.

came home from watching it earlier. i was trying to log in but the server had issues. its been a while since ive watched a release date movie. this one HAD to be the one for me. even captain america went on two weeks notice before i went thru with it. anyways, i was terrified by the amount of possible viewers etc. but the showing i went to wasnt too bad.

MILD SPOILER AHEAD....

i watched it in regular 2D, wifey cant handle 3d as much. i loved the way the movie unfolded, and how it made sure it paid its dues to the roots it came from. very well done acting, baseline of the story quickly established. the only thing that bothered me was the secondary story and how it somehow, well, they stretched it too much. it became to complicated towards the end.

END SPOILER section...

in essence, i am also a fan of the series, i loved the fact that the camera angle at times displayed the '2D effect' we are used to, but also shows different angles as well to show its difference, its maturity.

three things that bothered me,

VERY VERY MILD SPOILER ALERT AGAIN (will not be ruined if you purposely viewed the trailer and dissected it)...

1. Kickass is still kickass. his beautiful green eyes are still puppy eyes to me. :happy-smileygiantred:

2. Godzilla really really looks like the california bear to me. :teasing-tease:

3. can anyone say treadstone? treadstone anyone?

well worth the movie. well worth the money.

I'm taking my youngest son Zachary to the 9:30 screening here in 3D. This theater has Dolby Atmos but not seat transducers.

Batman said:
I'm taking my youngest son Zachary to the 9:30 screening here in 3D. This theater has Dolby Atmos but not seat transducers.
Stop at Taco Bell first. :mrgreen:

Just got home, I loved it! Seeing more of the monsters would have been nice but like said previously they needed the backstory. Going to bed, will post more tomorrow.

Back