• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Godzilla

The seats at the AMC Prime were sweet; nice cushy leather recliners and the butt kickers really added a nice touch without being over-the-top. I'm not a huge fan of movies like this - as I said I earlier I wasn't interested until I learned about the theater, never saw Cloverfield, never saw Pacific Rim - so I don't have much to offer for a movie review.

I enjoyed it....I wasn't BLOWN away but the "monster" genre isn't my thing. I was entertained and that's all I could ask. I thought the 3D was pretty good too. My son Zachary on the other hand, LOVED it. He couldn't stop talking about it and asking questions the entire ride home and can't wait to see it again. So I imagine I'll be buying it someday even if it's a birthday gift for Zach. :happy-smileygiantred:

thats the thing batman, once you see this stuff when you're a kid, your imagination exponentially blows up!

to be honest, it wasnt godzilla that first got me into this, it was more or less its ''human'' counterpart, Ultraman.

Bemlar_v_Ultraman_I.png

I loved seeing them set inside a 2D set, showing them trampling a city into rubble, and or that powerlines would spark and smoke comes up.

Mebius-and-gesura.jpg

i think it would be like captain americas first movie in essence, they needed to set the basis of who or what his roots where from. i highly doubt they'd be a second feature, but its possible.

forgot to mention, for those with smaller bladders, you do NOT need to stick around for the ending for an 'after credit treat'... its not marvel. ;)

For you it was Ultraman for me it was Spectreman, lol.

I loved how they kept Godzilla true to form with his movement and all. My only real gripe about him is his small assed feet. But everything else was pretty much perfect.
I thought the story moved along fine and the acting was good.

Was the animation better than this????

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T65rW_SIzg0[/youtube]

For you it was Ultraman for me it was Spectreman, lol.

For me there can only be... Jet Jaguar!

giphy.gif

I enjoyed the Godzilla movie. I really like Gareth Edwards after seeing the low budget sci fi film he made called Monsters. Looking forward to next installment from Edwards featuring Mothra. Also looking forward to Toho Japanese revival film.

godzilla2-fan-poster.jpg

If you are a fan of classic campy Godzilla don't miss the new one. Was at opening night last night and it's great. Perfect combination of old school Godzilla silliness, satire and badass creature carnage and destruction.

BUMP

Got tickets to IMAX showing tonight of Godzilla: King of The Monsters. Will report back with review. Very much looking forward to it.

MV5BOGFjYWNkMTMtMTg1ZC00Y2I4LTg0ZTYtN2ZlMzI4MGQwNzg4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_.jpg

I usually go to one movie matinee a week since I retired.

Didn't go this week as there was nothing I was interested in but next week it will be Godzilla

Good for you. That sounds like something I need to put on my "when I finally retire" list.

I can't get past the fact that he has no head - just a mouth at the end of his neck...

LOL perfect description. I am also not a fan of this new "thickzilla" form but there is some pretty great movement and articulation in the new movie. He moves around pretty good for a big guy. If I had to pick a favorite modern era physical form for Godzilla it would probably be from Godzilla 2000 (huge back spines and angry face) or the final stage form of Shin Godzilla (huge quads, tiny head and stubby T-Rex arms).

shin-godzilla-scene-750.jpg

GODZILLA 2000.jpg

Wait, can you tone it down some I haven't seen it yet and you're ruining it!

LOL Deacon I'll try and contain myself. Let me know what you think when you see it. FYI I already bought tickets online to see it again this Sunday morning.

I’m sorry, but I give Godzilla KotM a great big “MEH”.....I thought the story was pretty lame and the editing sucked. I also don’t feel like much of the CGI was very convincing. It had a couple moments but I was really let down. Oh well...

Back