• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Halloween movie suggestions

Towen7

Well-Known Member
Staff member
Moderator
#1
I'm having a few friends over tomorrow night for dinner and a movie.

Let me hear your suggestions for the movie and he meal.
 

AndySTL

Well-Known Member
#2
Are you looking for a horror film? If so, I thought The Ring was frightening the first time I saw it. Not sure if you or your guests have seen that one...
 

Towen7

Well-Known Member
Staff member
Moderator
#3
AndySTL said:
Are you looking for a horror film? If so, I thought The Ring was frightening the first time I saw it. Not sure if you or your guests have seen that one...
I should have been more clear... Scary but not gory is what I'm looking for. One of my guests is kind-of old fashioned and probably wouldn't like a something over the top.
 

AndySTL

Well-Known Member
#6
Towen7 said:
AndySTL said:
Are you looking for a horror film? If so, I thought The Ring was frightening the first time I saw it. Not sure if you or your guests have seen that one...
I should have been more clear... Scary but not gory is what I'm looking for. One of my guests is kind-of old fashioned and probably wouldn't like a something over the top.
The Ring isn't gory as in bloody massacre type stuff. There are some graphic scenes, but I would say the filming and use of suspense makes are what made it so scary to me. If that one doesn't sound like your guests cup of tea, how about Shutter Island? It's actually not scary (even though the previews made it look scary), but I really enjoyed this one. Leonardo DiCaprio is good, as always.
 

Rope

Well-Known Member
Famous
#7
As Andy mentioned, The Ring is a real ripper, also Black Christmas and The Butterfly Effect.







Any one of the threes enough to scare the bajesus out of your guests. Oh, and you too.

Rope
 

Yesfan70

I'm famous now bitches! vvvvv
Famous
#9
I always like the Sixth Sense and Signs. Those aren't gory but still creepy as hell. Then there is always the Burton animations Corpse Bride and Nightmare before Christmas.

I always look forward to the Ghosthunters Live marathon. They do the results of the show usually on the following Wednesday. Might try to watch the classics like Dracula and/or Frankenstein (the one with Bela Lugosi and Lon Chaney).
 

walls

Well-Known Member
#12
Yesfan70 said:
I always like the Sixth Sense and Signs. Those aren't gory but still creepy as hell. Then there is always the Burton animations Corpse Bride and Nightmare before Christmas.

I always look forward to the Ghosthunters Live marathon. They do the results of the show usually on the following Wednesday. Might try to watch the classics like Dracula and/or Frankenstein (the one with Bela Lugosi and Lon Chaney).
Or even the great classic with Boris Karloff. :eek:bscene-buttred:
 

Yesfan70

I'm famous now bitches! vvvvv
Famous
#14
walls said:
Yesfan70 said:
I always like the Sixth Sense and Signs. Those aren't gory but still creepy as hell. Then there is always the Burton animations Corpse Bride and Nightmare before Christmas.

I always look forward to the Ghosthunters Live marathon. They do the results of the show usually on the following Wednesday. Might try to watch the classics like Dracula and/or Frankenstein (the one with Bela Lugosi and Lon Chaney).
Or even the great classic with Boris Karloff. :eek:bscene-buttred:

Dang....I meant Boris (who also played in The Mummy, another good one). I keep forgetting Lon Chaney was the Wolfman/Phantom of the Opera.


See what happens when you turn 40? LOL!
 

Towen7

Well-Known Member
Staff member
Moderator
#17
I couldn't find a copy otherwise I would have. In fact I was so busy (my sister an nephew came over in the early afternoon) getting dinner ready that forgot about getting a movie. I ended up with a redbox copy of Anthony Hopkins' remake of Wolfman. I somehow misplaced the disc so we ended-up watching Mystery Science Theater 3000: Zombie Nightmare.
 

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!
Superstar
#18
I know, I'm late to this thread, but think about it for next year. I ended up watching a very appropriate DVD on Halloween:



SLIPKNOT!!!

 

Towen7

Well-Known Member
Staff member
Moderator
#20
I actually considered The Nightmare Before Christmas but I always think of it as a Christmas movie.
 
Top