1. Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Folks, I'm playing with the behavior of the titles and banners; you may want to read the relevant thread in the Forum Suggestions area.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter 1-6

Discussion in 'Blu-ray' started by PaulyT, Nov 23, 2010.

1. PaulyT

PaulyT Behind the Curtain Staff Member Administrator Moderator Superstar

A set of years 1-6 of Harry Potter on BD is on sale today @ amazon for $40.

I snagged one. :handgestures-thumbup:

2. Yesfan70

Yesfan70 I'm famous now bitches! vvvvv Famous

Wow, all 6 for $40? on Bluray? Hell of a deal.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Famous

Here's the link, that is an awesome price, I'd be all over it but I just upgraded the first 5 through red2blu.com...

:text-link:

4. Doghart

Doghart Well-Known Member

Ordered, thanks.

I didn't own any of them and have only seen the first two.

D

5. mzpro5

mzpro5 Well-Known Member Famous

Just ordered it.

Damn Amazon Prime is gonna kill me.

6. PaulyT

Yeah, I have a few of the DVDs of the earlier movies, which I can now give to friends... no biggie.

FYI, there's some flap on amazon about some unsubstantiated rumor of the movies being cut/edited somehow in this set. Read the comments in the box set page. There's no indication of this on any other site that I can find, nor anything on the packaging that says anything like it. From what I can tell it's just BS, or referring to somewhat less bonus material than you get with the individual movies - which I don't give a crap about anyway.

7. mzpro5

mzpro5 Well-Known Member Famous

You should look at the dates on the reviews. Many of the BD reviews are actually older reviews of the DVD's. Amazon includes all the reviews of a movie regardless of format.

I bought the "Vacation" BD set yesterday for $14 bucks and some of the reviews were about edited material but they had to be from DVD's because they were from 2002.

8. PaulyT

:text-link:

It's not in the reviews, it's in the comments on the gold box deal. They're all from today. But yeah, this set has been out for quite a while; if it were really cut/edited, I'm sure there'd be more information on it out there, given the popularity of this series.

And it could well be in comparison to the "ultimate" editions that do apparently have some extra scenes not in the theatrical releases.

9. Yesfan70

Too bad there isn't digital and/or DVD coppies with this set, or I'd be all over it.

But then again, it probably wouldn't be $40 if it had all that.

10. PaulyT

You can get the same set on DVD for $24...

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Famous

I think if there were any series of live-action movies begging to be re-done in 3D, it would be the Harry Potter movies. Imagine all the artwork, stairwells, and suspended items floating around Hogwarts, with all that added dimension...

12. Yesfan70

Wow...That might be doable. I have a couple of CDs I've been wanting anyways. Two birds, one stone.

13. Botch

Botch I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S! Superstar

It's not there anymore, and I can't get The Audio Annex at work... :cry: so I missed this one. One heckuva deal though!

14. PaulyT

15. Botch

Botch I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S! Superstar

Don't know how I missed that, THANKS PAULY!!!! Ordered! :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: