• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Harry Potter 1-6

PaulyT

Behind the Curtain
Staff member
Administrator
Superstar
A set of years 1-6 of Harry Potter on BD is on sale today @ amazon for $40.

I snagged one. :handgestures-thumbup:

Yeah, I have a few of the DVDs of the earlier movies, which I can now give to friends... no biggie.

FYI, there's some flap on amazon about some unsubstantiated rumor of the movies being cut/edited somehow in this set. Read the comments in the box set page. There's no indication of this on any other site that I can find, nor anything on the packaging that says anything like it. From what I can tell it's just BS, or referring to somewhat less bonus material than you get with the individual movies - which I don't give a crap about anyway.

PaulyT said:
Yeah, I have a few of the DVDs of the earlier movies, which I can now give to friends... no biggie.

FYI, there's some flap on amazon about some unsubstantiated rumor of the movies being cut/edited somehow in this set. Read the comments in the box set page. There's no indication of this on any other site that I can find, nor anything on the packaging that says anything like it. From what I can tell it's just BS, or referring to somewhat less bonus material than you get with the individual movies - which I don't give a crap about anyway.

You should look at the dates on the reviews. Many of the BD reviews are actually older reviews of the DVD's. Amazon includes all the reviews of a movie regardless of format.

I bought the "Vacation" BD set yesterday for $14 bucks and some of the reviews were about edited material but they had to be from DVD's because they were from 2002.

:text-link:

It's not in the reviews, it's in the comments on the gold box deal. They're all from today. But yeah, this set has been out for quite a while; if it were really cut/edited, I'm sure there'd be more information on it out there, given the popularity of this series.

And it could well be in comparison to the "ultimate" editions that do apparently have some extra scenes not in the theatrical releases.

Too bad there isn't digital and/or DVD coppies with this set, or I'd be all over it.

But then again, it probably wouldn't be $40 if it had all that.

You can get the same set on DVD for $24...

I think if there were any series of live-action movies begging to be re-done in 3D, it would be the Harry Potter movies. Imagine all the artwork, stairwells, and suspended items floating around Hogwarts, with all that added dimension...

PaulyT said:
You can get the same set on DVD for $24...

Wow...That might be doable. I have a couple of CDs I've been wanting anyways. Two birds, one stone.

It's not there anymore, and I can't get The Audio Annex at work... :cry: so I missed this one. One heckuva deal though!

PaulyT said:
Don't know how I missed that, THANKS PAULY!!!! Ordered! :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:

Back