• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Haywood's Custom Acoustic Panels

Haywood

Famous
I bought a pair of basic 24×48 acoustic panels from Amazon in a natural fiber fabric that reminds me of burlap. I choose than because they were affordable and because my daughter agreed to turn them into artwork.

She settled on fabric markers, because paint required sealing the fabric, which defeated the purpose. It was hard work, because the rough fabric soaked up ink and shedded the markers. It took her about 5 hours to finish the first panel.

FB_IMG_1546791937838.jpg

I am realizing now this must be the daughter that was tiny when you were on the S&V forum. She must be in her 20s now, no?

I am realizing now this must be the daughter that was tiny when you were on the S&V forum. She must be in her 20s now, no?

Yes, she will be 21 next month. She is about to start her junior year as an Illustration major at the New Hampshire Institute of Art.

That's sweet. There's a money-making opportunity for her- artistic acoustic panels.

She's done!
oleyfsP.jpg

Last edited:
The idea was that the left fish is going down into the water and the right fish is coming out of the water, which is why the tail of the right fish is partly submerged. The color scheme is reversed on the two fish and they are circling toward each other to allude to the yin-yang. This may be less obvious when there is a huge TV between them, so I wanted to get a picture of them together. Collectively, they represent about ten hours of my daughter's work. She wanted me to make sure to let you guys know that she does take commissions.

Back