• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Headbanger's Hangout

For some reason I can't sign into my photobucket page to post my pics, but on April 2nd this year, my favorite band (one Kerry King hates), Killswitch Engage, came out with their latest album Disarm the Decent. This album is a must. You owe it to yourself at the very least to check it out. The first 500 pre-orders of their 2nd biggest package set would get their "making of" book to Disarm the Decent signed by all members of the band. I was in that lucky 500, pics I can't post.

I've been busy at work/home so I've missed out here but try to buzz by when I can.

So, check this album out.

Been listening to a lot of old school Maiden lately and I have come to realize that Steve Harris is one hell of a bass player. Been a Maiden fan for as long as I can remember and I think now that I listen more with my headphone rig I am hearing the music better, almost like its live, especially stuff that is produced so well like Iron Maiden is.

I listen to Iron Maiden Radio or Black Sabbath Radio nearly every day at work.

And, yes Steve Harris is a BEAST. I finally got to see Maoden this last summer and it was every bit as good as I thought it would be.

LOVES ME SOME MAIDEN!!!

Here's a Prog Rock tip for all you rockers from your Uncle Zing. Perhaps this could've/should've gone in the Rock Music thread. Regardless...

My engineer, Anthony, has his own musical project called Graphite Symphony (think Dream Theater). They've released two albums so far and are about to release a third. Below is a CD Baby link to their second album, "The 9th Cycle". It's available for download-only from both CD Baby and Amazon. Neither site offers the physical disc. However, if you hear something you like and want to buy it but would rather have it on CD, let me know. I can make that happen. I'd even bet it'll be a 2-for-1 deal where he'll include their first CD ("The Machine") for free. At least that's what happened with me. I asked to buy The 9th Cycle on disc and he included The Machine. Frankly, I think The Machine has a noticeably better sound quality.

The 9th Cycle song samples

Recently, we were discussing my cover of No One Like You and he suggested I have a female sing it. I thought that was a good idea, until he came over to hang out one night and brought some of his new material. When I heard his new singer's voice on one particular song, I asked Anothony if he'd be willing to share him. When he said yes, I immediately suggested I use Mike for the Scorpions tune.

A few days ago, I asked him if he minded I put together a quick teaser video of one of his new songs and post it on the forum. I was given his blessing. I chose Latter Rain because this is the song that gave me the idea to use Mike. I'm not certain if all the other songs have spiritual/religious references like this one does but I went with the flow when seeking out photos to use.

If you're into this, be on the lookout for Graphite Symphony new album. And if you want any of their older work, let me know.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6EW6tCWowk[/youtube]

Randy said:
I listen to Iron Maiden Radio or Black Sabbath Radio nearly every day at work.

And, yes Steve Harris is a BEAST. I finally got to see Maoden this last summer and it was every bit as good as I thought it would be.

LOVES ME SOME MAIDEN!!!

:music-rockout:

walls said:
Been listening to a lot of old school Maiden lately and I have come to realize that Steve Harris is one hell of a bass player. Been a Maiden fan for as long as I can remember and I think now that I listen more with my headphone rig I am hearing the music better, almost like its live, especially stuff that is produced so well like Iron Maiden is.
They are awesome musicians. Fucking love Maiden but so does every metalhead. :music-rockout:

^ So let us know how some Maiden sounds on those MB Quart Vera's.............

YEA BABY............ :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

Watched the Lamb of God concert on AXIS last night, they are tight live. It was filmed in Philly, medium sized room with a good crowd.

I like LoG but after a while I start to find Randy Blithes vocals a little overwhelming, IMO on the CD's he is recorded a little to loud and starts to overshadow the music. But it was the other way around on what I watched last night.

Zing said:
My engineer, Anthony, has his own musical project called Graphite Symphony (think Dream Theater). ... If you're into this, be on the lookout for Graphite Symphony new album. And if you want any of their older work, let me know.

Pretty interesting music! I'll take you up on this - I'd like some CDs of this stuff. Let me know the details of payment, etc....

And yeah, the vocalist is good, I can see why you wanted him.

PaulyT said:
I'll take you up on this - I'd like some CDs of this stuff. Let me know the details of payment, etc....
Sweet! I'll be seeing him tomorrow and I'll get you the info you need.

PaulyT said:
I'll take you up on this - I'd like some CDs of this stuff. Let me know the details of payment, etc....

I'm told your order has shipped. :music-rockout:

Zing said:
Here's a Prog Rock tip for all you rockers from your Uncle Zing. Perhaps this could've/should've gone in the Rock Music thread. Regardless...

My engineer, Anthony, has his own musical project called Graphite Symphony (think Dream Theater). They've released two albums so far and are about to release a third. Below is a CD Baby link to their second album, "The 9th Cycle". It's available for download-only from both CD Baby and Amazon. Neither site offers the physical disc. However, if you hear something you like and want to buy it but would rather have it on CD, let me know. I can make that happen. I'd even bet it'll be a 2-for-1 deal where he'll include their first CD ("The Machine") for free. At least that's what happened with me. I asked to buy The 9th Cycle on disc and he included The Machine. Frankly, I think The Machine has a noticeably better sound quality.

The 9th Cycle song samples

Recently, we were discussing my cover of No One Like You and he suggested I have a female sing it. I thought that was a good idea, until he came over to hang out one night and brought some of his new material. When I heard his new singer's voice on one particular song, I asked Anothony if he'd be willing to share him. When he said yes, I immediately suggested I use Mike for the Scorpions tune.

A few days ago, I asked him if he minded I put together a quick teaser video of one of his new songs and post it on the forum. I was given his blessing. I chose Latter Rain because this is the song that gave me the idea to use Mike. I'm not certain if all the other songs have spiritual/religious references like this one does but I went with the flow when seeking out photos to use.

If you're into this, be on the lookout for Graphite Symphony new album. And if you want any of their older work, let me know.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6EW6tCWowk[/youtube]

I've been listening to my three Graphite Symphony CD's a fair bit in the past week or two. I've really grown to like them very much. The music is (to use my usual word) very interesting, and a lot of variety on each album. Recording/SQ is as good or better than most high-profile high-dollar bands.

:eusa-clap:

Zing, please pass on my sincere compliments to Anthony next time you see him. When are they touring in Baltimore? :laughing:

Now where the hell is Monkey?

Always lurking Walls.

:banana-dance: :banana-rock: :banana-dance: :banana-rock: :banana-dance: :banana-rock:

My metal intake has been relegated to my car stereo/commute for the most part. Although I have caught a few shows over the past few years. Saw Carnivore reunion just before Pete Steele passed away. Small club, great show. Also saw Rammstein @ MSG (and Izod and Nassau) when then finally came back to the US. Amazing shows. Lately I am listening to some classic stuff like Celtic Frost and other nostalgic Euro/black metal.

One of my favorite more recent Celtic Frost tracks...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_r4mD9fHVU

It's been a while since my last visit. 3 jobs within a year and becoming a grandparent keeps you busy,

A new group I found through that wonderful thing called Pandora, is a group called Heidevolk and their album Batavi. Over the last year another group has moved their way into my musical heart, Eluveitie.
Devil you know came out with a second album, worth a look, and they did their version of "Eye of the Tiger" and it's kickass.
Amon Amarth is pretty good and brutal.
Hatebreed is coming out with a new alum soon too. Not sue I'll get it though. They're starting to all sound the same.

Overkill_-_The_Grinding_Wheel.jpg

Overkill The Grinding Wheel

Definitely check out if you're a fan of Metal and Thrash music.

Back