• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Headbanger's Hangout

Overkill_-_The_Grinding_Wheel.jpg

Overkill The Grinding Wheel

Definitely check out if you're a fan of Metal and Thrash music.

I ate my lunch today listening to Anthrax!!! Subway and thrash is not a bad way to spend your lunch hour.

It comes and goes for me. Megadeth and Anthrax are definitely my two favorite thrash bands. I dig Metallica's older stuff but really haven't cared for anything since the Black album and I don't care for the popular stuff from the Black album. If I hear The Unforgiven one more time I might puke. It is the Sweet Child O Mine of thrash bands.

I should have gotten into more Exodus and Testament and such. Oh ya, not a big Slayer fan either. They have a couple of songs that I like but mostly lukewarm at best.

I should have gotten into more Exodus and Testament and such. Oh ya, not a big Slayer fan either. They have a couple of songs that I like but mostly lukewarm at best.

Brotherhood of the Snake, Testaments new one is worth checking out.

Who's ready for Dead Cross?

Dead Cross is a new hardcore super group featuring Mike Patton, ex-Slayer drummer Dave Lombardo, The Locust bassist Justin Pearson, and guitarist Michael Crain of Retox and Festival of Dead Deer. Their self-titled debut full-length is set for an August 4th release, which they’ll support by embarking on their first-ever US tour.

When listening to them I feel like they just try and play as fast as they can every song.
When listening to them I feel like they just try and play as fast as they can every song.

I think I saw a video that claimed one of their songs to be one of the hardest songs to play in Hard Rock/ Metal/ Thrash blah blah blah...

That's how I feel about Dream Theater now except that they don't play fast. Feels like they are showing off their skills instead of making listenable music.

That's how I feel about Dream Theater now except that they don't play fast. Feels like they are showing off their skills instead of making listenable music.

Images and Words is one of my all time favorite albums. However, I cant think of much more of their stuff that I care about. I know some of our fellow forum members are going to chastise me for that, but that's ok.

That describes more bands than just Dream Theater.

Back