• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Headphones/IEMs...what do you have, what do you want?

GreatDane

I currently have the JVC HA-DX1000 (which I'm selling) and Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 for full size. My portable can is Sennheiser HD25-1 II.

My current IEMs are:

Ortofon e-Q7
Westone 3
Phonak Audéo PFE
Etymotic ER4P

And I can't forget the 23 pairs of Koss KSC-75 that I bought from Radio Shack last year for $6 each on clearance...I sold 20 pairs to Head-Fi members worldwide to help spread the love.

I have AKG K701's and Denon AH-D7000's.

I want my damn WA6 to ship! :evil:

Still mostly using these:

he5a.jpg

Love 'em! But I wanna hear Dane's T1's in a bad way.

I've been reading about the Audeze LCD2 and they've been reported as being awesome. They cost $945 + shipping. They aren't high in comfort though, kinda heavy. If it ain't comfy then they can't work for me no matter how good they sound.

There's a long thread at Head-Fi.

http://www.audeze.com/

I AM LOVING my T1.

I just read a thread about the Denons being half price at magnolia and a guy has offered to buy me a pair of 7000's and ship them to me. I'm exchanging PMs atm. My wallet can't handle this shit.

...so the Magnolia deal is half off retail he says(he bought a pair). $500 for the 7000. Not bad huh?

(edit- he bought the 5000)

Zing said:
GreatDane said:
...and a guy has offered to buy me a pair of 7000's and ship them to me.

How did you manage that deal?!?!?!?!?!
He says at magnolia store only (not online sale) has this deal until Saturday but this is at the "full retail' stores, not the Best Buy versions. He's a fairly new member at H-F so I always question offers like this. If you have a Magnolia store near you, you could confirm.

I have the AKG 701. And we all know that these are the best headphones ever made. Even those of us who throw them in the trash.

BTW, Aaron German = GoldTeethII

Aaron German said:
I have the AKG 701. And we all know that these are the best headphones ever made. Even those of us who throw them in the trash.

BTW, Aaron German = GoldTeethII

But you want the D7000's! Trust us*. (*Us = Zing, Pauly, Dane and Batman)

I would like to trade my JVC for a 7000 but I need to sell the JVC first. I paid $720 for them but I'm unsure of what I can get for them...I bought them used.

I could have sold them yesterday for $600 but I declined.

I just put a Musical Fidelity V-DAC up for sale and was going to use those funds to buy that beyerdnamic DT-770/600 Ohm for $185. If I could do this 7000 deal with no worries of getting scammed I'd be all over it.

Hey, I noticed too, I just didn't make a big fuckin' deal out of it! :roll:

Onstage I always used a pair of Shure E2c's; always wanted to get custom-fitted Westones but the band is broken up now... :cry:

Headphones, got three pair:
AKG K240's in my studio
Denon AH-D650's
And an extremely lightweight pair that have absolutely no markings on them anywhere. :think:

AKG K701
AKG K271 mkII
AKG K240DF
AKG K240S
Grado RS1
Grado SR80
Sennheiser HD260 II
Sennheiser HD205 II
Sony MDR 7506

Shure E5c
Shure SE530
Shure E3
Sony MDR 420
Etymotic ER4i
Etymotic ER6i

Edit: Just updated me list of headphones based on recent purchases.

OMG! What is your aversion to Denon? And when are you going to audition a pair, specifically the D7000, so you can geet on board with the rest of us that are experiencing aural bliss from the marvelous feat of engineering and design known as the Denon AH-D7000?

Flint doesn't like Denons but he does like Grado. :angry-tappingfoot:

I bet you don't actually use them??

...so I'll do you a favor and take those RS1 off your hands for $100 or so. :eusa-whistle:

GreatDane said:
Flint doesn't like Denons but he does like Grado. :angry-tappingfoot:

I bet you don't actually use them??

...so I'll do you a favor and take those RS1 off your hands for $100 or so. :eusa-whistle:

Actually, I don't like the Grados at all. I have a good friend who works on music with me and he loves the RS1 phones and I found a pair on Craigslist a few years ago for a steal. I never use them and would rather not have them. But I don't need the money.

If only the D7000s didn't sound like my creepy rock-n-roll hippy uncle's "mobile hi-fi" he drove around in his funny smelling 1970s love van. I remember distictly his "flying-V" EQ setup with the ADC EQ+RTA. All treble, all midbass, no midrange. Oh, I auditioned the 7000s at a studio last weekend. Even the sound engineer wasn't a fan - but those are the new black in the recording world for a few months, so they have to have a pair around.

"If only the D7000s didn't sound like my creepy rock-n-roll hippy uncle's "mobile hi-fi" he drove around in his funny smelling 1970s love van."

lol

...but they're "fun".

Have you listened to the beyer T1 yet?

GreatDane said:
"If only the D7000s didn't sound like my creepy rock-n-roll hippy uncle's "mobile hi-fi" he drove around in his funny smelling 1970s love van."

lol

...but they're "fun".

Have you listened to the beyer T1 yet?

I don't know anyone with those. I'll ask around, though. Maybe in China they have them (heading over soon).

Back