• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Here's my latest

-B-

I made Walls do it so I will too. If his room is little, mine is mini!

6b14ab5e.jpg

0ec1898a.jpg

Gear list:

Panasonic TC-P42X1 42" Plasma
Onkyo TS-XR805
Dynaudio DM 2/6's with Dynaudio stands (on loan)
Samsung 6500 Blu Ray player
Dish Network VIP211k
Kenwood turntable w/ Shure cartridge. It was my Dad's in a box being wasted so I nabbed it
XBox 360 with Kinnect
Wii
Squeezebox Classic (so classic it's an original Slim Devices model)
Furman power conditioner
HSU VTF-3 MK II (not shown)

The Big Lebowski 10th anniversary bowling ball and the Phillies Gnome are essential parts of the experience. :happy-smileygiantred:

Doghart said:
is that an xbox 360 I spy???

Nice man!

D

Why indeed sir, the PS3 is in the bedroom....thanks to a certain someone's generous gift :happy-smileygiantred: the boy plays the XBox, I've hardly touched it since the toe incident. Sadly I need to get a really dense cushioned mat for the Kinnect to get used here due to the douche nipples downstairs.

-B- said:
Doghart said:
is that an xbox 360 I spy???

Nice man!

D

Why indeed sir, the PS3 is in the bedroom....thanks to a certain someone's generous gift :happy-smileygiantred: the boy plays the XBox, I've hardly touched it since the toe incident. Sadly I need to get a really dense cushioned mat for the Kinnect to get used here due to the douche nipples downstairs.

Doghart,
Are you giving things away again????

I like it...I like it a LOT!!!! Very contemporary (sp) LOL!!! Yes looks are important to my BOSS!!

For the first time in my own system the rear would be visible so I had to make sure it was as neat as humanly possible without the use of custom length cables etc. Here is the result, the most visible side is the first photo. The one loose black wire under the tv hadn't been buttoned up yet, it's the Kinnect sensor.

f21e8872.jpg

082ea42d.jpg

I can move the whole rack while only unplugging power conditioner, hopefully I won't get the upgrade bug as it's all in there rather tightly......having access to Marantz now is tempting, that stuff is sexy!

Good looking setup. I like your attention to detail on the wiring. I'm too lazy to make mine as neat as that.

AndySTL said:
Good looking setup. I like your attention to detail on the wiring. I'm too lazy to make mine as neat as that.

Thx! The biggest obstacle is the power supplies for the xbox and wii, luckily my stand has a wide spine!

Nice job on the wiring. I started out with the intention of having mine look that good but gave up. The wiring behind my rack looks terrible.

Doghart said:
Looks good man, what kind of HDMI cables are those?

D

Philips I think, one of those Woot deals, got 4 of those for $23 or $27, can't remember. Fancy looking eh? they were probably $30 in the store guessing by the packaging, it was a rather large one for a 4' cable. I looked at the stack of packaging after I was done and the boxes and innards was like 2' tall.......stupid waste of material for a cable. I have this illness that makes me buy HDMI cables when the deal is right, but I should be good now with the extra 3 6 footers from Dish, the 4 6 footers I had hooked up before these, the 4 3 footers I ordered a few weeks ago and 2 25 footers I nabbed a while back for $12.

Looks great Bryan, great job. Guess Doghart is going to be watching in style while he's there.......oh wait, yeah he's got to sit on that couch doesn't he.........

Nevermind!

thumbnail.aspx

Looks great B.

How do those Dyns sound?

Oh, and Matt...."Nevermind" was coined on SNL by "the church lady", Dana Carvey. Just, you know, an FYI.

I can't believe I'm siding with Matt :angelic-green: but, I too, say it originated with Gilda (as Emily Litella) in the 70's.

:text-link:

MatthewB said:
Jamhead I beg to differ. Gilda Radner said it long before Dana Carvey.

Holy crap....I forgot all about Emily. How'd that happen?

Thanks for correcting me Matthew...seems I need to refresh myself on some SNL. :angelic-green:

No problem Jamhead, trust me I know shit about most eveything, cept the first couple seasons of SNL, where I was a huge fan.

Back