1. Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Folks, I'm playing with the behavior of the titles and banners; you may want to read the relevant thread in the Forum Suggestions area.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
    Dismiss Notice

HEY BATMAN

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Towen7, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Towen7

Towen7 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Since you are wandering around CEDIA with nothing else to do... How about checking on the Mitsubishi LCoS 3D Projector I just read about. They are claiming a "low cost of ownership" but pricing wasn't announced.

I'd also like to know if the Mitsubishi HC4000 is on display. It looks great on paper and is listed at only $1,500.

2. Zing

Zing Retired Admin Famous

750 ANSI contrast? ANSI?!?!?! That's friggin' huge! I can't even fathom how they pulled that off. :scared-yipes:

3. Towen7

Towen7 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

I know. The specs are pretty crazy for a list price of $1495

5,000 hour lamp life
    750:1 ANSI
    1300 lumens
    1.5x zoom lens
    Anamorphic lens support

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Famous

I think Tee would agree that the Mitsubishi 3D projector DEMO was a total disappointment. We were both in agreement that the Epson procinema 31000 was the demo of the day I was awestruck at the PQ on that one...

5. Batman

Also I have installed a couple HC3800 which at a street price of $1299 is an awesome proj. So the 4000 would definitely be a step up albeit slight, at the same price this year.

6. Batman

Just to clarify, Mitsubishi's booth was the issue. The set-up for the show was such an afterthought I couldn't even form an opinion either good or bad for their 3D projectors. I just don't want anyone thinking that mitsu's 3D products blow based on that earlier post. I just can't make a recommendation from what we saw at CEDIA. The HC4000 on the other hand, is a near perfect entry level projector from a price/performance standpoint...If it had manual vertical/horizontal lens shift it may be perfect at the street price.