• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

HEY BATMAN

Towen7

Staff member
Since you are wandering around CEDIA with nothing else to do... How about checking on the Mitsubishi LCoS 3D Projector I just read about. They are claiming a "low cost of ownership" but pricing wasn't announced.

I'd also like to know if the Mitsubishi HC4000 is on display. It looks great on paper and is listed at only $1,500.

750 ANSI contrast? ANSI?!?!?! That's friggin' huge! I can't even fathom how they pulled that off. :scared-yipes:

I know. The specs are pretty crazy for a list price of $1495

5,000 hour lamp life
750:1 ANSI
1300 lumens
1.5x zoom lens
Anamorphic lens support

I think Tee would agree that the Mitsubishi 3D projector DEMO was a total disappointment. We were both in agreement that the Epson procinema 31000 was the demo of the day I was awestruck at the PQ on that one...

Also I have installed a couple HC3800 which at a street price of $1299 is an awesome proj. So the 4000 would definitely be a step up albeit slight, at the same price this year.

Batman said:
I think Tee would agree that the Mitsubishi 3D projector DEMO was a total disappointment. We were both in agreement that the Epson procinema 31000 was the demo of the day I was awestruck at the PQ on that one...
Just to clarify, Mitsubishi's booth was the issue. The set-up for the show was such an afterthought I couldn't even form an opinion either good or bad for their 3D projectors. I just don't want anyone thinking that mitsu's 3D products blow based on that earlier post. I just can't make a recommendation from what we saw at CEDIA. The HC4000 on the other hand, is a near perfect entry level projector from a price/performance standpoint...If it had manual vertical/horizontal lens shift it may be perfect at the street price.

Back