• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Hobbit late 2013 ?

Austin (and Texas in general) gives tax breaks to individual productions all the time. They shot "Friday Night Lights" here and pretty much didn't charge any taxes AND gave them incentives (cash in their pocket, free police, etc.) to be here. It is estimated that one show brought well over $30M a year to the local economy which was taxed normally.

Wife and I went to see Hobbit this afternoon. I thought it was absolutely fantastic. The cinematography, music, and general audio of the film was amazing.

I think if this film was released BEFORE the LOTR trilogy it would have been accepted with a better reaction from most of you.

I did feel like it was a bit too long, maybe 20-30 minutes, but I think the overall feel of the film would have suffered if it was shorter.

I am looking forward to seeing the next two!

D

I finally saw this last night.

Thought it was pretty good. Granted, my expectations were fairly low. But time really flew by. No major complaints from me. Well... maybe the CGI sometimes made stuff look a little silly, but I never actually thought about that until after I had left the theater.

Also, I rather enjoyed the pace of expanding the film to include the foreshadowing of LOTR stuff. But I can't fault those who would've preferred to have a shorter, more straight forward movie that stays focused on just the events of the Hobbit. I'm sure I'd also have liked it had they done that. Either way would've been fine with me.

I plan on picking it up today and giving the movie another shot in my HT. I was pretty vocal about my disappointment with it. But there were contributing factors, midnight screening (was exhausted that night and had trouble lending the film my undivided attention) and I REALLY didn't enjoy the high frame rate 3D. My preconceived feelings are that I'll enjoy it more than my first viewing but nowhere near as much as any of the LOTR films.

I was actually pretty pleased with it. It was actually Azog's son looking for revenge for the great dwarf-orc battle not Azog himself. The third movie should be interesting as it will try to bridge the 60 years from The Hobbit to the Fellowship of the Ring. According to Tolkien's notes Aragorn had a hard life contesting the shadow of the east. I will await the extended edition but I'm a Tolkien junky.

Back