• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Home Renovation

We're using exclusively Valspar paint. Ceilings are "Woodrow Wilson Putty" in flat, trim is same color in satin. All of the walls are eggshell except the family room and foyer because the most light hits those tall walls and I wanted to hide all the flaws better. All the spraying is for two reasons, speed and finish. I purchased some of the scaffolding and borrowed the rest from a friend. The brand is MetalTech. Home Depot had the best pricing. Flooring is Armstrong "River House" 5" wide hand-scraped hickory. Part # is SAS508.

Wow, looking great. I don't think i'd have to guts to get up on that scaffolding. Hope you got it sturdy enough so it wasn't too life-threatening. You're posting here, and presumably not in traction, so i assume it all went well! :)

Yeah, when all was said and done, the concern I had was not really an issue when the scaffold was tight up against the wall.

Bats,
Damn you and your handiness, to quote Jack Nicholson "You make me want to be a better man"!! :eek:bscene-buttred: :happy-smileygiantred:

My cousin and I installed ceiling lights for the pool room today! Just need a dimmer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 56
Lookin good Bats. We were just having the "Do I Reno?" conversation in my bosses office and I gotta tell you I don't have the stomach for anything like that right now.

My hat is off to you sir.

More work has been taking place on a fairly regular basis. Our hardwood floors have been installed on the first floor and turned out fantastic. We had quite a bit of wood left over and loved the flooring so much we decided we are going to keep the left over cartons, order more product and have our master bedroom done also. I only have the office and kitchen left to paint. And some fixtures to install in the powder room.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    147.4 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
More pics

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    127.4 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    82.8 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    110.3 KB · Views: 17
The pool table and related furniture was delivered and installed Friday.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    132.9 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    142.6 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    112.3 KB · Views: 15
Wow, that's a very different looking place now! Can't wait to see it. And I'm excited about the pool table! :thumbsup:

Electronic dart board up and running!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 11
Holy shit I just endured one of the worst DIY projects I've ever done. Something as simple as installing a pedestal sink in our downstairs powder room just took me about 6.5 hours to accomplish. These are some of the tightest clearances I've ever had to work around and I'm spent. My builder didn't help matters because there wasn't really any horizontal blocking present in the wall to anchor the basin to. Thankfully this sink IS mainly supported by the actual pedestal and I was able to catch the very edge of one stud with a screw and used a fairly robust toggle bolt for the other mounting point. Unless a fairly heavy person sits on the thing, I'm pretty confident in the install. Just got done checking for leaks and everything is good to go. Tomorrow morning I'm going to install the new throne, mirror, wall cabinet and wall racks, etc....

It will be all worth it in the end. We went through a 1-1/2 year remodel at our last home. It was beautiful and when we did move, the house sold in 3 days.

Back