• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Home Theater Paint/Furniture Make-Over

Hot Monkey

Finally getting around to replacing the broken and defeated sectional couch in my home theater room. Decided to scrape all the bubbling paint off the trim and repaint the room while I was at it. Then the rug didn't match. Then I found some nice shallow bookshelves @ IKEA to add some more DVD/book storage. Basically replacing the couch has spiraled out of control and now the whole room is torn apart. New chairs come in a week. When it's all done I'll post some pics. No TV for at least a week everything is disconnected and under drop cloths. Will have to crash friends houses to watch Yankee games.

Sounds like a new TV, electronics, and speakers are in order, too, at this point...

Sounds like a new TV, electronics, and speakers are in order, too, at this point...

Not in the budget at the moment unfortunately and (thankfully) my current gear refuses to die. Although I will probably order a replacement tweeter for the one that I just discovered was pushed in a little probably happened years ago and I never noticed until I started this big clean up. It plays fine but I'll swap it out. I checked the B&W parts website and still have replacement parts for my older CDM7NT speakers. In this room I am only running five speakers no room for seven channels with the room flipped the way it is to maximize seating. But I still run all three ASWCDM 12" subs literally in a pile. They stack nicely.

Not in the budget at the moment unfortunately and (thankfully) my current gear refuses to die. Although I will probably order a replacement tweeter for the one that I just discovered was pushed in a little probably happened years ago and I never noticed until I started this big clean up. It plays fine but I'll swap it out. I checked the B&W parts website and still have replacement parts for my older CDM7NT speakers. In this room I am only running five speakers no room for seven channels with the room flipped the way it is to maximize seating. But I still run all three ASWCDM 12" subs literally in a pile. They stack nicely.

Still powered by all the Rotel gear, right?

Still powered by all the Rotel gear, right?

I downsized amps a while ago when I had to switch some rooms around at home. No more pile of seven 2x200 amps I am running a single seven channel now. Doesn't push the speakers quite as well but the three subs seem to take up the slack. Just tweaked the crossover point up a little and still sounds great.

Finished scraping, priming and first coat of paint on all trim. Patched and sanded a bunch of old wall anchor scars. Will finish up the second coat and detail work on the trim then start on the walls, ceiling and new light fixture. Also swapping out outlet and lightswitch plates to go along with new room colors. Long weekend... Just ask Randy or bounce over to workout update post. It's quittin' time. Hey Wilma.

Last edited:
Not to derail this thread but I am getting ready to repaint my kitchen cabinets and I am not that excited about it.

Hardest part is aligning the doors back up when you put them on other than that piece of cake. Staining kitchen cabinets is a nightmare labor intensive time consuming

Painting is a grind. Especially when I am hand painting a life sized fantasy romance novel cover style mural of me an Matt B. flying together on the back of a huge dragon. It's a lot of detail work.
Pics or I call BS.

Painting is a grind. Especially when I am hand painting a life sized fantasy romance novel cover style mural of me an Matt B. flying together on the back of a huge dragon. It's a lot of detail work.

Yes, but just like your tattoo journey, worth it in the end.

I think a LHMKOTJ original life sized fantasy romance novel cover style mural of me an Matt B. flying together on the back of a huge dragon should be worthy of hanging in the Louvre.

Before and after pic's required!

Man its hard enough for me to get the stuff done let alone document it.

I guess that means I have to get on the pics and documentation of the stereos I put in my last 2 boats like I promised.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled program!!

Man its hard enough for me to get the stuff done let alone document it.

I guess that means I have to get on the pics and documentation of the stereos I put in my last 2 boats like I promised.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled program!!
How much arm-twisting did it take for you to finally post pictures of computer speakers you purchased many months (or possibly years) earlier? For all we know, the pic you posted could've been the same pic you used to list them for sale because you were due for another upgrade.

Trim paint is done. Moving on the walls and ceiling. Hopefully done by this weekend. Got email tonight new chairs and rug arrived I am picking them up tomorrow.

Paint is 100% done and drying. Swapping out outlets, light switch and trim plates to match new paint scheme. Starting to hook system back up and contemplate wall art layout. Need to assemble IKEA bookcases first to see what room looks like and how much free wall space is left.

Back