• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

How many days of music is in your iTunes/Squeezebox library?

Kazaam

Or whatever type of digital music software library you use...
My iTunes says I have about 42.5 days of music in my digital library. Counting each album only once, that is. No counting twice for lossless and MP3 versions.

(btw... I'm stealing this idea from another forum's thread, but thought it would be fun to ask here.)

Re: How many days of music is in your iTunes/Squeezebox libr

I've seen that information before, although I'm currently drawing a blank. Perhaps it has to do with my squeezebox?

Rope

31.6 days. Rope, go to settings:information in the web control for squeeze server, it'll tell you total playing time.

Thanks Paul!

6,683 WMA lossles files, 111GB, 169.33 hours.

Rope

A bit over 22 days, but I legitimately own 99% of it.

Rope said:
Thanks Paul!

6,683 WMA lossles files, 111GB, 169.33 hours.

Are you sure you've only got 7 days worth of files? I would've guessed that many files would've been somewhere between 18-21 days. Or perhaps I did my math wrong, which is always possible?

Kazaam said:
Counting each album only once, that is. No counting twice for lossless and MP3 versions.

If possible, that is. If not, then just post what you have. It's all good.
And, naturally, if you haven't finished ripping all your CDs to the hard drive then it won't be as large, but we can always say "this is what I've got so far", etc.

Where's Dennie? You know... if he didn't have half his collection on vinyl he could potentially have had one of the largest digital libraries on at the Annex.

Good question!

I have 142 years 253 days and 14.7 hours!

Dang, I better get started listening! :teasing-tease:

Not really, I only have about 120 gigs of music on my hard drive and I haven't updated itunes in over a year.

Dennie

Mine is:

7279 tracks
2853:16:00

it doesn't list it in days, just in "Hrs:Mins:Secs" but that should equate to 118 days, 21hrs, 16min.

I have each of my CDs ripped as a folder, so I have about 593 of my CDs ripped. That's about a third of my collection. Funny thing is, under library statistics, Squeeze Server shows having 7279 files, but in Windows Explorer (under "properties" of my music folder) it shows I have 9729 files.

There's something weird about that, Yesfan. I have 9,618 tracks -> 759:33:10, which is a little under 5 minutes per track on average. Yours averages about 24 minutes per track - that can't be right.

^^^
Maybe he's got some live shows that don't have many track breaks? Or, Yesfan, do you have any podcasts that could be skewing the result?

Edit: Now that I think about it, he'd probably have to have one heckuva huge-azz bunch of live performances without track breaks in order to average 24 minutes a song. So that probably ain't it, is it?

PaulyT said:
There's something weird about that, Yesfan. I have 9,618 tracks -> 759:33:10, which is a little under 5 minutes per track on average. Yours averages about 24 minutes per track - that can't be right.

I think the data listed by Squeeze Server is what's wrong. Windows Explorer shows me having 2400 more files.

I haven't done any refreshes or rescans of my library, so that may be the problem. I just rip my CDs as I go.

Kazaam said:
^^^
Maybe he's got some live shows that don't have many track breaks? Or, Yesfan, do you have any podcasts that could be skewing the result?

Edit: Now that I think about it, he'd probably have to have one heckuva huge-azz bunch of live performances without track breaks in order to average 24 minutes a song. So that probably ain't it, is it?

I do have a lot of prog rock in my collection and quite a few live boots too. It's not unusual for a typical Yes song to be close to 20 minutes in length and some of my live shows from bands like the Allman Brothers will stretch out that far too when you count in solos and stuff. Some jazz is like that too (Coltrane for example).

I'll do a re-scan just to see if I get anything different.

EDIT: A lot of good that did. :laughing:

7275 files, 2852:56:35 (118 days, 20hours, 56minutes, 35 seconds)

I can right click on my music folder in WE and find:

194 GB= 593 folders, 9729 files

Yeah, something is not right with your numbers Yesfan. Even if they are all 20 minute pieces, your GB count should be bigger for 118 days.

I'll check when I get home, but I know I have somewhere around 13,500 songs, so I'm guessing somewhere around 30 days. I can remember when I first reached around 168 hours, and thinking I could listen for a full week, 24 hours a day, and never hear the same song from the same album repeated.
Rob

Huey said:
Yeah, something is not right with your numbers Yesfan. Even if they are all 20 minute pieces, your GB count should be bigger for 118 days.

I'll check when I get home, but I know I have somewhere around 13,500 songs, so I'm guessing somewhere around 30 days. I can remember when I first reached around 168 hours, and thinking I could listen for a full week, 24 hours a day, and never hear the same song from the same album repeated.
Rob

I have 8500 songs and it is 24+ days so you may be closer to 40-45 days.

Yeah, something's definitely amiss but as long as all my music is there (which it is according to WE) and I can play it, then I'm not going to worry about it.

Total Tracks - 7916

Total Albums - 689

Total Artists - 358

Total Play Time - 579:56:14 Approx. - 25 Days

A few new ones are on there way and a couple have not been ripped yet.

Back