• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

I am

Just got done listening not the four versions of Vogue available on Amazon Music. Vogue ( Strike-A-Pose) version has the best bass Demo material for sure

Just got done listening not the four versions of Vogue available on Amazon Music. Vogue ( Strike-A-Pose) version has the best bass Demo material for sure

On her immaculate collection (greatest hits) they use a recording technique that places sounds in a 3 dimensional space. It is an extremely impressive mix- sounds coming from above - and when she whispers Vogue - you’d swear she was whispering in your ear.

I would urge you to listen/watch at least the first 10 minutes of the movie IT. You may not be into horror, but there is a scene where Georgie goes into the basement. Nothing happens, but the expectation is there and if memory serves me correctly - you get a sense of how the movie is recorded. the LFE is used to generate a sense of dread- and is just a low hum - but you’ll feel it throughout.

another good movie for Bass is Oblivion.

I would urge you to listen/watch at least the first 10 minutes of the movie IT. You may not be into horror, but there is a scene where Georgie goes into the basement. Nothing happens, but the expectation is there and if memory serves me correctly - you get a sense of how the movie is recorded. the LFE is used to generate a sense of dread- and is just a low hum - but you’ll feel it throughout.

another good movie for Bass is Oblivion.
I don't have access to It but It 2 is available on HBO and the first 15 minutes of it is full of LFE similar to what you are describing. Strong under current of doom.

I've been sampling stuff all weekend and there are many good things to show off the sub but the best so far is the movie Battleship. Start at chapter 5 and it is LFE thru out the movie. Chapter 16 is particularly smashing.

On her immaculate collection (greatest hits) they use a recording technique that places sounds in a 3 dimensional space. It is an extremely impressive mix- sounds coming from above - and when she whispers Vogue - you’d swear she was whispering in your ear.

If you like Madonna thats a great one to have.

It gets a lot of play on the boat.

If you like Madonna thats a great one to have.

It gets a lot of play on the boat.

You old MFers realize that album is almost 40 years old, right?

It was released in 1990 so it is only 30 years old and my perception is mine

I take it back then kiddo

and I’m not judging ... heck, I’m listening to Don McLean’s American Pie right now.

I've spent a lot of time lately researching movies trying out the Triax Like many I concentrated on movies I thought would demonstrate high LFE.

What I have realized is that a first class sub like the Triax best quality is how it effects the larger soundstage. On scenes where you don't think the sub is adding anything there is a very subtle richness to the whole experience.

Last edited:
I recall hearing those Triax subs at one of Batman's gtg and was very very impressed with the quality. You got a great sub

Back