• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

I bought a cheap ass 55" Chinese 4k TV and it's actually really good

Doghart

My gaming room has had a Panasonic plasma in it for the last 10 years. It was a decent 46" 1080p model from costco and has done its job quite well. No real input lag, good black levels decent for TV and great for gaming.

I had to stop in to Best Buy to grab a USB drive and was just checking out the new TV's. I just got a 65" LG OLED last fall and wanted to see how the new models compare.

While wandering around I spotted a 48" TCL brank 4k TV for $300. $300?!?! Hmmm had to check it out. So one of the blue shirts wanders over and we begin to discuss the feature on these TCL sets and while he is running through the menus and the video and the Netflix etc... I notice that this thing had a decent PQ. I mean there are some un-obvious hot spots in the LED backlit panel, but it's not horrible.

He then tells me with the most recent update that when in "game mode" the set had a 15ms input lag. WOW! So now I ask about the return policy etc... because I need to check this out.

So I wound up getting the 55" model that supports HDR10. Get it home and mount it where the Panny was in my gaming room. $400. ($380 + tax).

Fire up the Xbox and do some color and brightness adjustments.

It's not bad! Actually, it's only not bad, it;s pretty decent.

Virtually no input lag. I have no way to measure, but much better than the Panasonic. PQ is decent, there's a little brightness in the center of the display, but nothing I can't live with. Threw on some 4k content from Netflix and Boom! Looks pretty awesome. It's amazing, a few weeks ago I probably would have scoffed at buying a set like this, but for a gaming room or bedroom, it's perfect!

Some reviewers are giving the TCL models top marks even above top of the line Sony and Samsung Tv's

I have a TCL Roku TV in my bedroom that I bought a few years ago for next to nothing. It is a little slow, but I'm completely happy with it for the application.

Nice find. Will have to check it out time.

I an still using my Panny plasma 46. As my main and only TV

I just don't play games on it worried about ghosting and burn in.

Nice find. Will have to check it out time.

I an still using my Panny plasma 46. As my main and only TV

I just don't play games on it worried about ghosting and burn in.

Gamed on this set for years, sometimes for 5-8 hours at a time. No burn in at all.

D

Back