• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

I need a Better Way...

Are the folders named folder 1, folder 2, etc, or do they have the artists names on them. Seems weird that if it is the artists names, it doesn't display that instead of folder and number.

Randy,

I recently had a similar problem with my new Kenwood head unit in my truck, until I read the owners manual and figured out what buttons to push to see the artist and songs. The solution should be there.

Keith

Huey said:
Are the folders named folder 1, folder 2, etc, or do they have the artists names on them. Seems weird that if it is the artists names, it doesn't display that instead of folder and number.

It only reads "folder 1, folder 2", etc.

The artists and songs show up but only after you are inside the folder playing tunes. If I am playing Toby Keith or Joss Stone and I want to go to Slipknot or Iron Maiden I have to skip to each folder and wait for it to read to see who it is.

heeman said:
Randy,

I recently had a similar problem with my new Kenwood head unit in my truck, until I read the owners manual and figured out what buttons to push to see the artist and songs. The solution should be there.

Keith

I read the owners manual and I am pretty sure it stated that was the only way it would display when using the USB. I will reread and double check tonight.

The other problem is that I have a battery switch that gets turned off every time I put the boat away. The stereo is wired to Battery 2 on the switch so the stereo loses all power every time the switch is turned off. Battery 1 is the engine/ starting battery and Battery 2 is the "house" battery the stereo is wired into. The stereo is actually the only thing on Battery 2 on the Perko switch.

I cant wire it into the ignition or wire it so it will always have power due to the risk of running down the starting battery and being stuck out somewhere and the boat not start. Unlike Jeff, I'm not that good a swimmer.

I have an owners manual saved on my computer here. I just double checked and I cannot find hwo to fix it in the Using a USB section.

HMMM???

I am leaning towards a bigger card for my phone and using that, which I do not want to do for the previously stated reasons, or just breaking down and buying one of those I things.

AndySTL said:
My suggestion is Spotify Premium with phone app to head unit via Bluetooth.

Does spotify use my existing music library on the USB? I know nothing of this spotify. Well, I have heard of it but I don't know shit about it.

Disregard, I looked it up while waiting in the doctors office.

Randy said:
AndySTL said:
My suggestion is Spotify Premium with phone app to head unit via Bluetooth.

Does spotify use my existing music library on the USB? I know nothing of this spotify. Well, I have heard of it but I don't know shit about it.

I like to think of it as Netflix for music. The music is all streamed (like Pandora) but you control the specific songs you listen to. You can make playlists, save favorites songs/artists/albums, listen to "radio" stations (just like Pandora), you can share playlists with friend, search for playlists created by other users etc.... It is $9.99/month and there are no advertisements played. Also, it's all synced up across devices, so I typically make my playlists on the PC and then the next time I open the app on my phone the new playlists appear.

Here's a video demo. It's a few years old, so it's evolved some since this video was created.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZFf10hWa_Y[/youtube]

Correct me if I'm wrong but with Spotify you can't play music off-line. So on the boat you'll need to be using your cell phone's data.

Towen7 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but with Spotify you can't play music off-line. So on the boat you'll need to be using your cell phone's data.

You can designate songs to sync with your device for offline play. It's limited to 3,333 tacks.

So Randy, come clean with us!

The boat is filled with hot bikini clad model type babes and they need the tunes, not you.........right?

:text-imsorry:

BULLSHIT!!!

The tunes totally kick ass, I just have no idea how to navigate them in an efficient manner. I will simply put it on uber random shuffle mode and have more time to spend with that little hottie!!!

LMAO

Randy,

I have not been using my jump drive in my Kenwood for a while. I plugged it in today and you are right. During Search or tabbing up or down it only shows the Folder Number to begin with. When left on that fold for a few seconds, it then displays the Artist, Album, Song, etc. I see your frustration..........

:text-imsorry:

Ya, it could be more user friendly. I haven't really thought about it much. I will probably buy an I thing.

Back