• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

I Won a PS4!

FredtheFilmFan

So, I won a PS4. Any suggestions for Games, or how this thing works? I updated it and got my Sony and Netflix accounts active on it. Downloaded a game for the kids (it came with Destiny which I don't really want my 5, 7 and 9 year old playing) and messed with it a bit. I beleive it's impossible to do, but is there a way to get the movies I've got on my Mac to play through the PS4?

I don't have one but I have been thinking about getting one. I've heard Little Big Planet is a good game series for kids. I think the 3rd one just came out or is coming out very soon. Let us know how you like it!

FredtheFilmFan said:
So, I won a PS4. Any suggestions for Games, or how this thing works? I updated it and got my Sony and Netflix accounts active on it. Downloaded a game for the kids (it came with Destiny which I don't really want my 5, 7 and 9 year old playing) and messed with it a bit. I beleive it's impossible to do, but is there a way to get the movies I've got on my Mac to play through the PS4?
You may be surprised. MJAldridge was able to get my Xbox 360s to recognize artwork and files from my iMac/iTunes. We weren't able to get the content to playback though. Maybe with enough digging you could find some software to covert the files to the proper format and pull it off. We ultimately gave up because appletv was such a seamless integration. We had an Xbox in one of the kids rooms and decided ultimately it wasn't worth the effort with next gen consoles on the way at that time, and knowing I could always add another appletv.

congrats fred!

i dont have one just yet, but as mentioned, Little big planet is a blast to play.

since you have destiny, you can always hit up the local Gamestop and trade it in towards a new game if you'd like. Just remember to open it first (remove the plastic) so it shows its 'used'.

Well, I'm keeping Destiny for me. For the 1.5 hours I have to play every 1.5 months, I might as well.

We have Little Big Planet...2? for the PS3 and the kids love it, so that's a great Heads-Up that number 3 is on the way! Thanks!
Ratchet and Clank is also a fun game series.

I've found that the PS3 controllers do not work with the PS4. Additional PS4 controllers are $65 each.... :shock: With 3 kids I need at least two more controllers, which kinda sucks, but still cheaper than buying the controllers AND the PS4!

I looked on BestBuy.ca and there is a PlayStation TV? Looks like you can stream games and content from your PS4 and it uses the PS3 controllers.

Our kids love the Lego series games, we have just about all of them (for ps3). Even I enjoy playing this one with them; you'll definitely want multiple controllers if you don't have them already.

FredtheFilmFan said:
I beleive it's impossible to do, but is there a way to get the movies I've got on my Mac to play through the PS4?
The PS4 has no DLNA or uPnP. Other than the streaming apps like Netflix and Hulu, it's pretty useless for media.

But, if your movies aren't bought from itunes, then there is a way to stream them to the PS4 but it not ideal. You would need to install a media server like Plex, or Media Browser 3 (MB3) on your MAC. Then you can use the PS4's web browser to log in to your Plex or MB3 server and play the movies from there. Again, not ideal but it is possible.

Well, the story is a pretty Canadian one. I won it in a draw at my oldest sons hockey tourney in a nearby town. Driving on Saturday and Sunday in heavy snowfall on ice covered roads. I'm not kidding.

We've won other things in the past. A nights stay at Jasper Park Lodge, Disney infinity for the wii...a plastic slushy maker. But so far, this is my favorite. We've got three boys all in hockey so I'm sure I'll have many more draw opportunities this year. Pretty unlikely I'll manage to win anything this awesome again. BTW, Destiny seems pretty cool and the kids are all over Lego Marvel. One of the "new" ps4 things that is pretty awesome is the online purchases I live in a small town and nowhere was there a copy of the Lego game. So I bought online and down loaded it to the console. I thought that was pretty cool.

Back