• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

IEM (In Ear Monitor)

I wasn't aware Logitech (Ultimate Ears) teamed up with Westone to produce their IEMs.

Rope

GreatDane said:
Rope said:
I wasn't aware Logitech (Ultimate Ears) teamed up with Westone to produce their IEMs.

Rope

Yeah. Jerry Harvey is the man! Read about the history:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Ears

About 4 years ago he founded JH Audio. Have you read about Jerry's new amp?

http://www.jhaudio.com/product/jh16-pro ... 3a-dsp-amp

Jerry explains the complexity of this amp in an interview at the 2011 RMAF.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HeadRoomCor ... flHLwE2g0s

That's just plain mean and evil! (now where did I hide my charge card?)

Rope

I think you'd need to spend a grand or so on one of his customs to need that amp anyway...I'll stick to my little Pico Slim amp and universals...so my wallet tells me.

Starting At: $1,748.00---for the combo...what a deal!

Sound cost money. How much would you like to hear? Apparently, for me anyway, not very damn'd much. I'll stick with my budget Schiit, and let the people with lots of FU money worry about the time and phase issues.

I like the UE buy out part; Mindy Harvey (ex wife, or good tax planning?)

Rope

Zing said:
GreatDane said:
You probably already know this but if you don't have a good seal, bass will suffer. I usually get the best seal and bass response when using silicone tips.
I didn't "know" it but I assumed it. I tried all the tips that were included, from the smallest to the largest silicone tips as well as the Comply foam tips. The largest silicone is what I ultimately selected.

Suprisingly, the Comply tips weren't as comfortable as I expected. The smaller silicone tips allowed the IEM to go further into my canal and I think I actually preferred that sound but they weren't terribly comfortable and were really light on bass. The largest silicone tips keep them further out of my canal but it's a much better seal, the bass in indeed better and they are wear-all-day kind of comfortable.

How the UE 700s sounding?

Rope

Started to listen last evening. As for sibilance, I detect none, although I'm certain music selection has a great deal to do with that issue. Comparing to the Klipsch Image s4, they have a much cleaner sound, like lifting a paper bag off a speaker. The bottom end is punchy and tight without bloat or boom, while the mids are life like, accurate to my ears, the highs have a good amount of sparkle without being overly so.

I'm starting to second guess the ownership of full size cans, although they have a certain amount of hum when connected to the Lyr.

Rope

Attachments

• IMG_20111108_141638.jpg
    IMG_20111108_141638.jpg
    922.1 KB · Views: 1,413
I've tried my IEMs with my tube amp and it sounds bad, hum baby.

A good IEM can give some serious listening sessions. Intimate detail. The down side is lack of soundstage/"headstage" comapred to full size IMO. My T1 with their angled drivers sound BIG.

I listen to my Ortofons in my work truck and every time I pack them away I think -damn these things sound good.

The Vsonics have adjustable nozzles, which I'm still experimenting with. I had pause with the over ear design, but after wearing them to bed, they're by far more comfortable than the Klipsch Image, and they stay put!

I came awfully close to purchasing the Ortofon eq5, however, considering price I'm giddy as a school girl with the GR07.

Rope

Question for IEM fans: What's the dealeo with IEM cords/cables? Seems it doesn't matter what precautions one takes to keep them from tangling, every time you attempt to use them, they look like a ball of twine the cat played with for hours. :angry-tappingfoot:

Rope

I don't have that problem. Then again, when I put them down, I roll the cord like a garden hose.

Rope said:
Question for IEM fans: What's the dealeo with IEM cords/cables? Seems it doesn't matter what precautions one takes to keep them from tangling, every time you attempt to use them, they look like a ball of twine the cat played with for hours. :angry-tappingfoot:

Rope
The Shure IEMs I used when I was a weekend musician came with this case:

SCL2_carrying_case_D2-032f684a80641ea860aaae9e259901d9.jpg

The earpieces are dropped into the central chamber, and then just wind the cord on the outside of the inner "hub". Worked great!

I wrap it up like a hose too. The only time I have problems is when I'm in bed and it's dark when I try to "plug in" and I can't see how to unwrap. I usually have a cat or my little dog binding me up, then it's a mess.

I wrap the cable loosely around three fingers then place it into a little bag for storage in my computer case.

I recently purchased these for exercising.

inspirepro_3.png

20100804110805.jpg

Not the greatest sound, but they are "guaranteed to never fall out" while jogging and working out. I'll be damned if it isn't true. They are a comfortable fit, never come loose, and the sound is just fine for when I am jogging.

Back