• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

I'm making music, too.

I really like the groove but I wish the drums were a tad louder and/or punchier. Of course, that's just my personal preference.

Nice! I listened to it several times - on "your" speakers, figured that'd only be appropriate. :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

I see where Zing's coming from. The drums could come up in the mix a bit and not be overdone. Great drumming, my friend, from what little I can judge of such things. I like the little flourishes and rhythm changeups you do between phrases (there's probably a real musician's term for that... sorry my jargon's lacking), and how you follow and adapt to the vocal lines and phrasing in various ways. Subtle, but very cool.

I like the instrumental lines, and the chords in the guitar opening are interesting!

What sort of processing did you do on that one vocal line where it was made to sound sort of "narrow" like an old radio? Some phasing trick? That caught me by surprise when I first listened, as it sounded like the voice was coming from outside both the left and right speakers, it was a cool effect, dunno how intentional that was...

Being frank, I'm not a huge fan of the vocalist, though. He's not always on pitch, and he has a habit of down-pitching at the ends of phrases - ok once in a while I guess, but almost every phrase in the first half of the song is sung that way.

Just take the drum line up in the mix and bring the vocal down to near inaudibility, and you'll have a stellar track. :teasing-neener:

Plus you really need a piano. Just sayin'.

:eusa-whistle:

Eh, could be soundcloud doing that... not necessarily purely as-is.

Great job Flint!!!!! And congrats on the 27th!!! Very exciting stuff!

I thought the drums were loud enough and sound good.

If I were editing I would do something like this...

1. The vocals do get a little repetitive. Maybe experiment with adding some new lines.

2. Ask the singer to get some pep in his voice... when he sings "you say I'm loud" he does it in a whiny way, like at 1:30

3. I noticed the edit at 1:08 isn't exactly clean and almost skips a beat.

4. I would remove the repetitive vocal from 3:10 to 3:20

5. At 4:15 I would have him talking till the end of the song in the same tone that he says something at 4:23.

You should be proud Flint!

Nice!! :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :handgestures-thumbup:

The live show was amazing! We had practiced just enough to really have our shit together but not so much as to be boring or like robots. We did have some really odd crap happen with the guitar amps. We had borrowed a top end Marshall stack, but the head stopped making sound just before we were to go on. So we borrowed the other band's slightly lower end Marshall head and it was working great. Then about 2/3 of the way through the set the second Marshall head stopped making sound right in the middle of a song. So we finished the song without the guitar. We ran the guitar straight from the pedal board through the PA, but it was hard to hear on the stage and the last few songs suffered. To make it more fun, our bass player had a cable go out just before we started, then he lost sound again during a song and discovered a pedal patch cable had failed so he removed the pedal from the chain. Overall, it was a crazy show in terms of odd technical failures.

The music rocked! The bartenders all said that was the largest crowd they've had for a local band and also claimed we were among the most professional and engaging bands they've had ever, even the big national acts that come. That was good to hear. Our Facebook page is chock-full of photos. It was a hoot!

The club is small and the PA didn't really support mic'ing up the entire drum kit, so we just put a mic on the bass drum port and I played loud. I was told the kit sounded simply amazing, which is great. However, to get them to project and sound balanced I really had to pound them hard. The high 8" tom, which is inherently the quietest due to size, was really hit hard - so hard the head was full of deep dimples from the stick tip by the end of the show. I earned about $500 at the show, so I bought a new 8" head today for $15.

Here's a few photos from the show.

Attachments

• 1185376_10201879532255967_598546753_n.jpg
    1185376_10201879532255967_598546753_n.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 672
  • 1146388_354809184649271_518826117_o.jpg
    1146388_354809184649271_518826117_o.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 672
All those equipment problems, are they common in live performances or is it just bad luck?

Cable failures are common. But high end amp failures should almost never happen. Blown fuses can happen from time to time, but the amps appeared to be working, their tubes were glowing and such, and when we pulled the fuses just to see if something was amiss, they were fine.

:text-bravo: It must of felt awesome to play live again........I will check out the FB Page and Photos!

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

Are the bass player and guitarist related? Or is just that they are both large and bald?

I like the facebook and the sound you clipped also and just did a quick review. When I get a break at home I iwll load up and run in the house to hear this again. Been converting some old RTR tapes for some quick cash. Pointed the face book to a cousin who plays tournament Foose ball. Hope you hear from them.

mcad64 said:
Are the bass player and guitarist related? Or is just that they are both large and bald?

Was about to ask the same thing.

How do I find the facebook page for a guy who doesnt use facebook?

Back