• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Incredible Covers...

Nice!

Really nice!

Funny how the strangest little things allow classic rock songs to make a comeback, like RATT with the Geico commercial, but that was a really nice cover of that song.

Well done. I wish they would have maybe emphasized the harmonies a little bit more but, well done.

Lets call this an "Instrumental Cover"

Great and yeah Cleveland

Sing For The Day! showcases Styx guitarist/vocalist Tommy Shaw's rousing 2016 solo turn with the Cleveland-based Contemporary Youth Orchestra, under the direction of principal conductor/founder Liza Grossman. Alongside guitarist/musical director Will Evankovich and backed by the next generation of the finest high-school-aged musicians in Ohio, Shaw also celebrates the tenth anniversary of Styx's triumphant 2006 One With Everything performance with the CYO. Here, the CYO & Chorus bring new life to many classic band and solo tracks in front of an enthusiastic audience at the intimate Waetjen Auditorium in Cleveland, including "Blue Collar Man," "Girls With Guns," "High Enough," "Too Much Time on My Hands," "Crystal Ball" (featuring the debut of its never-recorded lost verse), and most especially "Renegade," highlighted by an epic guitar/violin duel between Shaw and a noted CYO alum. "It was so much bigger and more everlasting than any of us imagined it would be," marvels Shaw - now see and hear just how magical Sing was for yourself

lol Even less like a "cover" but still, very cool. Do you have this? Recommended.

51AJBanK0XL._SX342_.jpg

Hmmm I see in googling for the above image, there's a newer concert video, may have to get this one too.

81AbMAxbkaL._SX466_.jpg

This is by the Odds who I was listening to earlier in the day and via Youtube found this cover.

Then I discovered this cover and my faith mankind and our youth has been restored!!!!

This is by the Odds who I was listening to earlier in the day and via Youtube found this cover.

Then I discovered this cover and my faith mankind and our youth has been restored!!!!
Love the first one they nail it especially the intro.

May be my favorite Neil Young song

Back