• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

It may be time for new speakers

My personal opinion, which carries about the same weight as it does when I post in the political threads, is that is too much money for those speakers. I have never paid more than 1/2 of new for speakers in pristine condition and those admittedly have some minor damage/ flaws. I know they are B&W 800's but still.

Just my humble opinion.
You're probably right, but that's just the asking price. I imagine there's a little wiggle room there.

I would hope.

I would think and or hope that if I were considering a pair of used 800's, KHorns, Dynaudios...
they would be especially well taken care of and in pristine condition.

I have been to Audio Solutions in Indy several times, very nice, friendly guys. I like their other room better for serious listening for some reason.

And yes it is just as full of primo audio gear as the one in the pic. Having all that equipment in one room is probably not ideal acoustically, but they say their customers like it. As they don't have to drive to five different stores to hear what they want.

I like the room as it bigger than most dealers rooms I have been to and they do have some room treatments up in the corners. Yes their is wiggle room on the pricing, heck they told me their is wiggle room on the pricing of their new equipment.

I heard some modified horns LaScalla's at AXPONA (Volti Audio), dang that sweet spot was small. Otherwise I liked them, overall I like the Vivid, and YG Acoustics, used ones of course as they ain't cheap. I want to hear JBL's new 4367 which is based off their state of the art M2 speakers. Audio Solutions does carry this speaker though not when I was their.

If you want somebody to help putting some new speakers in your vehicle, or just help with listening duties and maybe lunch. Just let me know and I can drive down and meet you. Or just come out to AXPONA not the best listening rooms, but more speakers than you can count.

Last edited:
Back