• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Jamo S805, my first towers.

jomari

War Never Changes
Famous
Been a bookshelf guy evern since snv. got my RB61's if you recall, on my 30th birthday. i havent used it in the past decade or so.

now with kids, i cant really set up my other speakers, heck got some JBL's some mirage omni 150's and some energy C10's if i recall (i cant remember the picture i linked years ago).

i had to revert to satellites, and tuck em underneath the tv stand, barely at ear level. it worked. for a while.

i got bit.

so... looked for some towers, simply because bookshelves on stands will be a hazard for my kids.

towers, well, they're going to get rid of them completely.

kidding aside, needed something narrow too. because i have a small knack on the side. about 9 inches. totally bad.

anyways, got these for 250 a pair. a PAIR.

this guy is awesome. and he helped me make a decision, considering the vertical spatial worries i had.

unboxed, and love them. they are at waist level. good enough that my kids are able to see them, but not going to splat them.

wanted to get some other towers, but this was already at home and i thought id try em out.

great choice IF YOU CAN GET THEM CHEAP.

i set speakers to Large. crossover at 50hz. man everything i learned from HT went down the drain since i dont remember using them anymore.

love growing old.

hair everywhere you dont need them. and showering is totally not necessary unless you get thrown up on.

realized the awesome thing?

i get to watch thundering movies. and tv shows now

Sing
Despicable me

Bluey
Peppa Pig
Ben and holly's magic kingdom

i just wish they were in atmos.

btw, take a minute to watch the youtube video. i dont necessarily think hes a great resource, but he is at least entertaining. not dictating how things should be etc, but at least shares his views.

Funny I see those same award winning shows at home
im surprised they dont have it as demo disc.

i mean, its got hot air balloons, great color reproduction, and some awesome HDR.

kidding aside, i just bought the Jamo S 808 subwoofer. yes i have a yamaha as well, the yst-fsw050, but man, i guess seeing that it was a 'limited' deal, and can fit it behind my couch.

funny, i just got a SB-12NSD almost a year ago.

and have the PB1000 sitting in a corner gathering dust, and a CSUB10 i think from boston acoustics.

but this is slim enough to fit behind sofa.

oh, the excuses.

I just made up a website; you have more subwoofers than I have socks, and I was trying to make a joke referencing Alcoholics Anonymous. My failure. (and I did click on the made up link to make sure it didn't direct to a sex site involving large dogs...) ;)

I just made up a website; you have more subwoofers than I have socks, and I was trying to make a joke referencing Alcoholics Anonymous. My failure. (and I did click on the made up link to make sure it didn't direct to a sex site involving large dogs...) ;)
hahaha!

i actually dont have as many subs. that belongs to two other fellows here, one is a pervert, the other, well hes across the pond.

hahaha!

i actually dont have as many subs. that belongs to two other fellows here, one is a pervert, the other, well hes across the pond.

Do not mention his name.

He's like frickin Beatlejuice.

However, I kinda miss Matt. Ever since I snuggled with him at Batmans GTG I have had a special place in my heart for him. LOL.

i kinda see now, how people dont like horns as much.

i finally got this yesterday with my center channel. i have a teeny weeny TL2 that is still tucked in my tv stand, but took out the BIC america center LCR to give it a whirl.

i adjusted the center channel level of course, but man, it was screeching at this point.

i dont know where i posted it, but i got the Jamo S808 sub, and tried it out yesterday. amp is dead. bought another one to just try out. even after i spend almost up to 1am setting up the yamaha in the corner underneath the 'altar' they have set up. it fit perfectly, but i will always be itching to try the other sub. it has a good return policy, but i hate the hassle. oh well, anything to get it out of my system.

Back