• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

JBL 4367 White Paper: How Good or Bad or the spec's ?

...today's JBL offers such a wide variety of product lines they can easily offer neutral sounding top end gear for the limited discerning niche market.

In all the instances I've heard JBL speakers, including the 6 years I worked for them, they have had a remarkably consistent and unmistakable signature sound, especially as the focus goes more high end. I would go so far as to say that they have cultivated a consistent sound across their line more so than almost any other manufacturer. I surely heard them talk about this with pride a lot while there, and its as much a part of their identity as the JBL logo. Perhaps the only other manufacturers I would put into this category would be B&W, Klipsch and maybe KEF.

My original point was really musing about the possible friction between the sound possible from new methods verses honoring the signature sound they're known for, and to what extent those may or may not be mutually exclusive.

Greg Timbers being the old and seems to have a sour grapes attitude.

I wouldn't blame him. I work with a number of ex-JBL employees; some who know the inside story tell me that he was treated extremely unfairly. Actually, truth be told, the 6 years I worked at JBL was probably the shittiest environment I've ever had to put up with. It was toxic, so I have no reason to doubt the stories I've been told. For me, its "yep, that place hasn't changed".

Altec Lansing on the other hand was one of the best companies I've ever worked for. They were very fair and generous, which is probably what put them out of business.

Was listening to some Thin Lizzy song the other day, wow I never knew the song (can't remember which one) had so much fuzzed up bass guitar, I mean it was cranked way up. I think my Magnepan's must have just smoothed over that part of the recording.

Back