• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

John Goodman weighs in on Chick-Fillet

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Y'know, this EXACTLY sums up what I think about this whole chick-fil-a thing:

599631_502702466425878_2012630268_n.jpg

The chain didn't the owner did using his right to free speech now remains to be seen if his sales flounder. He should have kept his mouth shut but his right to say it I support fully now its our right to choose to eat there or not. Ive eaten there several times and I thought was a pretty good chicken bird sammich but I get enough chicken at home so I dont go out my way for it.

Srvy said:
The chain didn't the owner did using his right to free speech now remains to be seen if his sales flounder. He should have kept his mouth shut but his right to say it I support fully now its our right to choose to eat there or not. Ive eaten there several times and I thought was a pretty good chicken bird sammich but I get enough chicken at home so I dont go out my way for it.

We don't have any around here.

And they had booming sales yesterday from people that support the owner.

Personally I don't agree with him but it is his belief and his business. As far as I know he hasn't hurt anyone. If you don't care for his beliefs don't eat eat his sammich.

Srvy said:

No. If it were just one man, this wouldn't be the big deal it's become, it'd just be one person with his opinion (which, as you say, he has his right to voice) that we can all agree or disagree with, no big deal. But because he implicitly has the weight of his entire corporation behind him, whether he phrased it that way or not, it's become a huge deal, furthering the divisiveness over the gay marriage issue - which deeply saddens me.

My kids love this place, we go there all the time. But now because of this bullshit that has nothing at all to do with the company's real business, I don't want to take them there anymore, and that will make them upset. Well, maybe I'll just try to ignore it, but I'm afraid now that if anyone sees me going to this restaurant, I'll be unwillingly branded as a gay basher, which is quite the opposite of my true thoughts on this subject. But nobody gives a shit about actual thought anymore, it's only what stance you take on an issue that defines you these days. Fuck that.

Thanks, Dane, that's pretty funny.

From the article:

Just to confuse the crap out of everybody, I'm going to carry my Bible into Starbucks and order a rainbow latte. Then I'm going over to Chick-fil-A wearing a pair of tight sparkly spandex pants but also a concealed weapon in order to exercise my Second Amendment rights. Then I'm gonna pick up a bullhorn and publicly declare, "It's not about GAY versus STRAIGHT; it's about the global corporate controllers versus us all!" and see if there's a single intelligent person in the crowd who is actually awake enough to grasp that.

PaulyT said:
Srvy said:

No. If it were just one man, this wouldn't be the big deal it's become, it'd just be one person with his opinion (which, as you say, he has his right to voice) that we can all agree or disagree with, no big deal. But because he implicitly has the weight of his entire corporation behind him, whether he phrased it that way or not, it's become a huge deal, furthering the divisiveness over the gay marriage issue - which deeply saddens me.

My kids love this place, we go there all the time. But now because of this bullshit that has nothing at all to do with the company's real business, I don't want to take them there anymore, and that will make them upset. Well, maybe I'll just try to ignore it, but I'm afraid now that if anyone sees me going to this restaurant, I'll be unwillingly branded as a gay basher, which is quite the opposite of my true thoughts on this subject. But nobody gives a shit about actual thought anymore, it's only what stance you take on an issue that defines you these days. Fuck that.

I understand what you are saying Pauly but are his viewpoints promoted in the actual restaurants? Do they hand out anti-gay literature or have signs promoting this view? I have never been in one but I imagine not. So you can still enjoy going there with your kids, at this stage I don't think they need to know about the controversy but you are there father so you know much better than I.

As far as others. I've been told not to worry what others think which at times is difficult for me but in the end it makes sense.

I can understand people who choose not to go there it is a matter of principle and that is very important.

Yeah, MZ, you're right it'd be better just not to worry what anybody thinks. Nor, on the other hand, try to control what others can do or think... that's really the problem in the gay marriage issue - and politics, abortion/birth control issues, westboro "baptists," and so on and so on. Everybody wants to shove their beliefs down others' throats by force rather than by example and respect.

Sigh. Civilization sure does suck sometimes. Oh well, at least we have endless cat pictures on the interwebz now, that's gotta count for something.

UNaSF.jpg

I have known and had associations with gays (sorry I won't use the whole alphabet nome.) for almost 40 years. When in college my GF shared an apt. with 3 people, 2 chicks and Gay Michael. That is not a disparging name but the moniker he wanted to be known by. I didn't care for him but not because he was gay but because he was so stereotypical gay, pushing it in everyone's face.

Over the years the guy in Grand Rapids whose office was next to mine, the women that rented me an apartment when I got my first job out of college, the transsexual that worked in my second wife's office who I knew had started life as a man due to the hands.

I currently work for a nurses organization whose membership is 98% women and there are a number of lesbian members. We know the partners, a fair number, for example the two nurses with doctorates, one ran a hospital, one has been my boss, that have been partners for over 30 years and are real role models for younger nurses. The nursing professor who lost her partner of 26 years and gives me a big bear hug every time I see her.

The point is we are all just people and if you can find real love you are very lucky.

I give as much of a shit what Chik-fi-la thinks about same sex marriage as Amazon or Bill Gates do (who both donated 2.5 mil and 100k respectively for support of same sex marriage).

Who the fuck cares? I don't. I get so sick of celebs coming out of the closet, celebs and/or corporations bashing homosexuality, blah, blah, blah. To me, it's just not news and I wish the media would quit reporting it.

mzpro5 said:
Personally I don't agree with him but it is his belief and his business. As far as I know he hasn't hurt anyone.

I'm okay with his own personal beliefs, but its his massive donations to organizations that DO hurt people that will keep me a non-customer.

Like In-n-Out Burger, I've eaten there and don't understand the appeal... :think:

Botch said:
mzpro5 said:
Personally I don't agree with him but it is his belief and his business. As far as I know he hasn't hurt anyone.

I'm okay with his own personal beliefs, but its his massive donations to organizations that DO hurt people that will keep me a non-customer.

Like In-n-Out Burger, I've eaten there and don't understand the appeal... :think:

Hurt people or Offend some people?

Why does every disagreement of deeply held convictions turn into wars where one side desires the complete elimination of the other? This culture is so filled with self-righteous babies who cannot accept people with opposing views on very core beliefs. Why? If anyone doesn't want to do business with a company for any reason at all, then more power to them! But when government remove that choice from their citizens by creating laws preventing access to a legal business, we have a serious problem. I am sure Hobby Lobby, Interstate Batteries, and Chik-fil-A are perfectly happy with people choosing not to do business with them over opposition of viewpoints. But consumers ought to be free to make that choice.

But that isn't enough. Oh no! Groups of people who don't agree are hell bent on destroying any opposing views. It isn't enough to legislate those views out of effective practice by legalizing the very thing these insane Christians believe is wrong. These people have to eliminate all speech challenging them! They have to stir up vitriol and hatred for anyone who would challenge their views and beliefs. Any opposition must be eliminated through harassment, threats, smears, and public denouncements. Only one opinion is allowed to be heard, no others!

This is turning into a fucking totalitarian state where even thoughts are to be controlled. If you have any beliefs which challenge the new humanist faith, well shut the hell up and never ever EVER say anything. If you do we will condemn you to ridicule, isolation, and poverty. We won't do business with you. We won't hire you. And we will humiliate you in the public square of TV and the internet. We will harass you and your family and your friends and your associates. You are intolerable. You are a blight on society. You are to be removed not by violence or imprisonment, but by isolation.

This is what the church did at the height of its power during the dark ages. It is what the Romans did when their success started fading. It is what the Nazis did. This is what the Stalinists did.

We need diversity of ideas. The diversity of beliefs and ideas is what makes this nation great and different. We can disagree and still have a drink together. What is happening to our freedom of thought? What is happening to our freedom to live our lives as we see fit? Ideas are becoming outcasts.

Lord help us.

Back