• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

John Goodman weighs in on Chick-Fillet

The problem is when gays thrust their opinions into the lives of others. It is an assault. Going to a place of business and making out is an assault against that business because it keeps others away who would be customers. Going into and disrupting a church service is an assault against that institution because it keeps people from worshiping the way they deem necessary. Teaching children how to have anal sex with protection is an assault because it deprives the parents of instructing their children with the morals they deem important.

On the other hand, saying your corporation will not use a product because the product supports homosexuality is not an assault. Rather it is a business decision based upon a moral choice.

Homosexuality is against the tenants of the Bible. There is no way to honestly defend it based upon the Bible. So, if you believe in the Bible in it's entirely, then you have to believe homosexuality is wrong. You can say the Bible is wrong, or disagree with that idea. However, the right to believe something that is based upon religion is protected by the Constitution. To deny someone of their rights or to harm another because of their sexual orientation is wrong. However, to believe homosexuality is sin is not illegal. It is a matter of faith based upon Christian teaching.

By the way...

I've got nothing against boycotts, even large organized boycotts are fine. It is the insistence that anyone's views are intolerable to the point of full on national smear and attack that bothers me. This is the rhetoric which leads to violence and danger.

Hell, I have waged a silent boycott against Ben & Jerry's for years. I just don't want a penny of my money going to the causes they promote. But that is me doing my part in my way.

This thing against Chik-fil-A is growing into full-fledged slcivil unrest... All over a belief, not an action against people at their stores, but a core belief. As far as I know they have gladly and happily served anyone who came to their stores. I am certain they have at least some gay employees. To say the ideas alone are worthy of full legal banishment is a scary road to travel.

Srvy said:
Homosexuality is against the tenants of the Bible. There is no way to honestly defend it based upon the Bible. So, if you believe in the Bible in it's entirely, then you have to believe homosexuality is wrong. However, to believe homosexuality is sin is ... a matter of faith based upon Christian teaching.

No. That is your opinion only, not incontrovertible fact. Sorry.

Srvy said:
The problem is when gays thrust their opinions into the lives of others. It is an assault. Going to a place of business and making out is an assault against that business because it keeps others away who would be customers. Going into and disrupting a church service is an assault against that institution because it keeps people from worshiping the way they deem necessary. Teaching children how to have anal sex with protection is an assault because it deprives the parents of instructing their children with the morals they deem important.

On the other hand, saying your corporation will not use a product because the product supports homosexuality is not an assault. Rather it is a business decision based upon a moral choice.

Homosexuality is against the tenants of the Bible. There is no way to honestly defend it based upon the Bible. So, if you believe in the Bible in it's entirely, then you have to believe homosexuality is wrong. You can say the Bible is wrong, or disagree with that idea. However, the right to believe something that is based upon religion is protected by the Constitution. To deny someone of their rights or to harm another because of their sexual orientation is wrong. However, to believe homosexuality is sin is not illegal. It is a matter of faith based upon Christian teaching.

I appreciate and respect what appears to be your Christian faith and the principles it represents to you. But as Pauly pointed out yours is an interpretation, there are Christians that feel differently I know some.

Being an agnostic verging on atheism the sin question is not one I need to consider in my own philosophy. I tend to look at the people. I don't care at all for gays that are in your face, hence my dislike of Gay Michael, referred to in an earlier post. But I don't care about or judge anyone based on the bedroom or who they love.

Heterosexual marriage does not have the best track record at 50%+ divorce rate. If two people can find each other and have a loving and lasting relationship to me that is great and what really matters.

PaulyT said:
Srvy said:
Homosexuality is against the tenants of the Bible. There is no way to honestly defend it based upon the Bible. So, if you believe in the Bible in it's entirely, then you have to believe homosexuality is wrong. However, to believe homosexuality is sin is ... a matter of faith based upon Christian teaching.

No. That is your opinion only, not incontrovertible fact. Sorry.

Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."1
Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"
1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."
Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

Im confused where in my reading of this is my thinking wrong?

I think it gets into what "depravity" is - and the sin described in those verses is homosexual rapists (e.g. the residents of ancient Sodom), men who in Roman times preyed on young boys, that sort of thing. The same sort of depravity that is attributed to heterosexual rape, any time there is not mutual consent between adults. That is where the sin comes from. I do not think that a committed monogamous homosexual relationship falls into that category any more than does a committed heterosexual relationship.

My god also says I do not judge less I be judged. So I say do as you wish in this world who am I to deny you this? Mr Carey stated his opinion on gay marriage as something is against his teaching of his god does this make him hate filled? I don't think so If you don't like his comments don't do business with him. What is scary is knee jerk reactions by politicians to not allow his business to open in there districts.

PaulyT said:
I think it gets into what "depravity" is - and the sin described in those verses is homosexual rapists (e.g. the residents of ancient Sodom), men who in Roman times preyed on young boys, that sort of thing. The same sort of depravity that is attributed to heterosexual rape, any time there is not mutual consent between adults. That is where the sin comes from. I do not think that a committed monogamous homosexual relationship falls into that category any more than does a committed heterosexual relationship.

Im sorry but I will disrespectfully disagree. That sounds like Lawyer speak to me kinda like President Clinton and the old depends on what the meaning of is is.

Srvy said:
My god also says I do not judge less I be judged. So I say do as you wish in this world who am I to deny you this? Mr Carey stated his opinion on gay marriage as something is against his teaching of his god does this make him hate filled? I don't think so If you don't like his comments don't do business with him. What is scary is knee jerk reactions by politicians to not allow his business to open in there districts.
My problem is not with what Carey believes, I agree with you that that's his own private business, and that my opinion is no more the truth than his, as far as we humans can know (I assume God has an opinion but I don't pretend to know what that is with any certainty). My problem with all this, which my ST-TNG post above gets to, is that he made a public statement as the CEO of a large corporation, which linked his business to his religious beliefs, which I find inappropriate, regardless of what he believes.

SRVY, what does the good book say about lying? Just as soon as Jim Henson's group dropped them, Chick Fillet pulled all of the Muppet give away toys as being "defective".

Huey said:
SRVY, what does the good book say about lying? Just as soon as Jim Henson's group dropped them, Chick Fillet pulled all of the Muppet give away toys as being "defective".

:handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:

Huey said:

Don't know about that! Do we know for a fact that they were not defective?

I do know In gods eyes it is Sin. I am a Sinner most people im sure are but we can repent and our Sin will be forgiven that all I know. I believe that as I do the Bible. What you believe you may that's your choice do and believe as you wish.

Srvy said:
Huey said:

I do know In gods eyes it is Sin. I am a Sinner most people im sure are but we can repent and our Sin will be forgiven that all I know. I believe that as I do the Bible. What you believe you may that's your choice do and believe as you wish.

No, I don't know that they weren't defective, but it is pretty easy to see what Chick Fellatio was doing.

They way I look at it, life is short. There is no guarantee that there is a heaven. There is no guarantee that there is a hell. This may be the only shot at happiness we ever have. If being with someone of the same sex makes someone happy, more power to them.

Huey said:
Srvy said:
Huey said:

No, I don't know that they weren't defective, but it is pretty easy to see what Chick Fellatio was doing.

They way I look at it, life is short. There is no guarantee that there is a heaven. There is no guarantee that there is a hell. This may be the only shot at happiness we ever have. If being with someone of the same sex makes someone happy, more power to them.

Sure Ive never said they could not.

In your quickness to show tolerance you have condemned a man as a liar over something you or I have no idea. If its true im sure Henson will sue if not maybe there is something too it.

I never condemned anyone, they did that all on their own. Of course, I'm sure your attitude would change if they started handing out Obama dolls.

Huey said:
Rob, Rob, Rob

Eevrryone knows Bert and Ernie are life partners, that's why the toys were defective.

Huey said:
I never condemned anyone, they did that all on their own. Of course, I'm sure your attitude would change if they started handing out Obama dolls.

Huey wrote:

Maybe not but I guess you can take that however you want. I guess ill have to wait and see if they are defective that is Henson and Chik fil A tit for tat I suppose pretty tough one to call as a liar when the safety of children are involved :handgestures-thumbup:

PaulyT said:
Srvy said:
My problem is not with what Carey believes, I agree with you that that's his own private business, and that my opinion is no more the truth than his, as far as we humans can know (I assume God has an opinion but I don't pretend to know what that is with any certainty). My problem with all this, which my ST-TNG post above gets to, is that he made a public statement as the CEO of a large corporation, which linked his business to his religious beliefs, which I find inappropriate, regardless of what he believes.

This. I also believe he also donates fairly large sums of money to campaign funds. This should be the primary concern and is a large part of why our system is so broken.

I'm still shocked that this is even a debate in these times (gay marriage) It's legality doesn't do anyone an ounce of harm at all and does nothing to the sanctity of something that fits into a broader spectrum than what Christians view it to be. Why do people feel the need to push their beliefs unto society making opinion law? This is the largest melting pot of different religious and social backgrounds in the world, so why should marriage only be legal for what select people think it should be? Believe what you want, let others live their lives as they see fit. With all the real issues facing this society the last thing our government should be doing is wasting any time or resources on something as trivial as this.

And Geoirge Takei strikes again (he's the one I got the last pic from too). :laughing-rolling:

552056_503269509702507_2006242783_n.jpg

(hopefully you all can see this, it's from FB...)

Back