• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Jurassic Park Trilogy

Huey

Famous
After my little Doh! moment by purchasing the dvd's instead of the Bluray's, Walmart exchanged them for the difference, so I had a chance to watch 1 and 3 this weekend.

Sound quality is top notch, some of the best use of surrounds and the bass was very clean and only there when needed. Picture quality leaves some to be desired. I was hoping with Spielberg movies that they would be reference quality, but there are too many scenes with noise or that look soft. They still look good, but I was hoping for a better picture. If you are a fan of the series, they are worth the price, just don't expect to use the picture for demo material.

On a side note, I love the score for series, and even have the cd. Gives me goose bumps every time.

Since I have yet to watch my DVD's more then twice since i got them I will most likely not double dip on these......... but I may double dip on the Indiana Jones flicks if they ever come up.

I don't own any of the Jurassic Park movies and I have only seen the first one.

Is this worth a BR purchase?

D

Doghart said:
I don't own any of the Jurassic Park movies and I have only seen the first one.

Is this worth a BR purchase?

D

If they had sold them separately, I would have probably only picked up the first one. The picture leaves a little to be desired, but is still better than the dvd. Sound wise, one of the best blurays I have ever heard. If you are a fan of the series, I would say yes.

Maybe I will get the first one, last time I watched Jurassic park it was on VHS lol with my old Sony tower system. That was some real Hi Fidelity. :laughing-rolling:

I just bought this BD trilogy the other day from Amazon. I've had it in my wishlist for months waiting for some sort of sale because I really didn't want to pay $49.99 for it, especially since only the original movie is any good. When I saw that it was reduced to $29.99, I jumped. :happy-smileygiantred:

I may jump, but prefer to have just the first two. I didn't care for the 3rd flick that much. Of course, if it's cheaper to get all three...then I'll bite. I have the first two on laserdisc and DVD. The laserdisc sounded better but the picture on the DVD was stellar.

Walls,

I too would like to see Indy Jones on Bluray.

walls said:
.... but I may double dip on the Indiana Jones flicks if they ever come up.
51qtKmtIPgL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I've had this for awhile... I was surprised, however, at the negative comments on Amazon when I collected this image. :think:

Botch said:
walls said:
.... but I may double dip on the Indiana Jones flicks if they ever come up.
51qtKmtIPgL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I've had this for awhile... I was surprised, however, at the negative comments on Amazon when I collected this image. :think:

That's because the Crystal Skull sucked.

Guess I better look into the other IJ films then, I thought it was pretty enjoyable. :idn:

Yesfan70 said:
My favs (best to last) 1,3,2.........................................................................................................................................................................................4

You forgot 4 but I fixed it for you :happy-smileygiantred:

Batman said:
Yesfan70 said:
My favs (best to last) 1,3,2...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................um....."yeah"

You forgot 4 but I fixed it for you :happy-smileygiantred:

I saw a typo in your quote Bats, but I fixed it. ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs8D6zwQhxs[/youtube]

Was sad to see that Spielberg did some editing of Jurassic Park. Took out alot of blood as compared to the DVD version.

MatthewB said:
Was sad to see that Spielberg did some editing of Jurassic Park. Took out alot of blood as compared to the DVD version.

Really? Hadn't realized that, which scenes?

MatthewB said:
Jesus Matt! You scared the hell out of me! As I began reading your post, I thought you were going to complain about a lack of bass in this movie too.

Huey I was just jumping around the first movie (Jomari sent me the boxset) and when the fat guy (he was Newman on Seinfield) steals the DNA samples and is driving the jeep to the pier, he encounters this little dinosaur who attacks him by spitting in his eyes and then he gets in the jeep and the dinosaur finishes him off in the jeep. In the original version you would see water gushing down with mud and then a whole bunch of watery blood would pour down also. In the Bluray version all you see is water and mud, no blood whatsoever. I thought maybe I was remembering wrong, so I broke out my DVD and went to the scene and sure enough there is the blood.

So... Had you not had the original as a reference, would you have enjoyed the bloodless version any more or less?

Back