1. Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Folks, I'm playing with the behavior of the titles and banners; you may want to read the relevant thread in the Forum Suggestions area.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
    Dismiss Notice

Kick-Ass

Discussion in 'Movies' started by PaulyT, Oct 1, 2010.

1. PaulyT

PaulyT Behind the Curtain Staff Member Administrator Moderator Superstar

Yeah, as usual I'm a little behind, but just watched this one. Actually pretty good! And Hit Girl didn't swear nearly so much as you boneheads led me to believe from past threads on this - thought she'd be dropping the f-bomb every other word. Dunno what all the flap was about. Is it worse to have an 11-yo girl playing with switchblades or saying "fuck"?

Anyway, I liked the movie, even my wife did. Kind of a Pulp Fiction meets Marvel Comics sort of thing, well done IMHO.

Anyone catch the cameo by Yancy Butler - anyone remember Witchblade?

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Famous

Man I've been talking up this movie for months...and after purchasing the graphic novel, I can safely say that it (the movie) has been toned down for the big screen. It is far and away my favorite movie of the year, and Hit-girl stole the show. I implore you to check it out if you have not already. BTW this BD is premium DEMO material for sure!!!

3. Hot Monkey

Hot Monkey Active Member

I loved it and agree 100% about the silly fuss raised over Hitgirl. I thought her character was priceless and this was a great little movie. If you liked it check out Scott Pilgrem vs. The World or whatever it's called. Not as good as Kick Ass but entertaining in a similar way.

Monkey

4. PaulyT

Good to see you around, HM! Thanks, I'll check that one out.

5. Maximo

Maximo Well-Known Member

Just watched this tonight. This kind of moive is right in my wheelhouse. Loved it.

6. Tee

Tee Active Member

I luv this movie one of my Favs of 2010!

7. zod

zod Well-Known Member

All my brothers and I love Kick-Ass, but we don't like Scott Pilgrim etal that much. Maybe it's because we grew up reading DC comics.

I'd love to see Hit Girl in action again
    [​IMG]

8. Haywood

Haywood Well-Known Member

I bought this one on Blu-Ray when it first came out. Fun flick.

9. MatthewB

MatthewB Grandmaster Pimp Daddy Famous

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Famous

^Zod, you're in luck, a sequel is already in the works...

11. Haywood

Haywood Well-Known Member

That is SO wrong on SO many levels.

12. MatthewB

MatthewB Grandmaster Pimp Daddy Famous

:happy-smileygiantred:

13. walls

walls Well-Known Member

Didnt read the thread cause i didnt want to ruin anything. Just bought the BLU used frm SuckBuster for $6.99, hope its worth it!!!

14. Maximo

Maximo Well-Known Member

For $6.99 oh hell yeah it was worth it.

15. PaulyT