• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Last resort

jomari

War Never Changes
Famous
Id love to see your opinion on this as well folks... :happy-smileygiantred:

i had high hopes for this one, and i think tho, that it has a huge potential to be a good tv show, as long as it doesnt 'anchor' itself to the island so to speak.

i like the changes, the tempo, the storyline, but also wish that it didnt take that turn to 'stay' in the island.

I feel the same. They have a good cast but wonder why the resident pimp drug dealer would be stupid enough to kidnap two of the subs crew. Seems like the sub crew would just kill his whole crew without blinking an eye.

I'm like ya'll. I only watch PBS & Big Bang. But this show interested me.....agreed Matt, that part with the Island "King" holding some sailors......knowing there are Navy Seals there.....lots of 'em....I'll give it a couple more views maybe...

I watched it last night and its at least something different I will watch a few more episodes but the Captain of the Boat Andre Braugher needs to lose that pus gut there aint any fat Submariners in the US Navy. Just sayin :angry-tappingfoot:

true true, plus the fact that the COB got blindsided, well, that aint normally possible. i always, always believed that the cob is smarter than that.

aside from the 'acting', trying to 'speak' navy, it seems to be okay. its 'believable' for some people, but for those in the know, im sure hearing attention on deck with such clarity, and/or 'take the comm' sounding a bit fake, can make you clinch your hand a bit...

just try to devoid the island aspect, and we're good. if they try to integrated it too much, its screwed.

I thought it was pretty good. The island thing doesn't bother me, they need(ed) some place with global worldwide telecommunications broadcasting ability and just a base of operations. Yes they produce their own air and are equipped to stay at sea for a long time but a base of operations is advantageous.

And I think the fat remarks about The COB are not fair He is a career officer in the twilight of his career, maybe on his last tour. He may have extra weight that comes with age but far from out of shape or even "paunchy".

ea8acf7e03e7f5599e91231f76fa3e8e.jpg

I watched it this afternoon, and I have to say, I was hoping to enjoy it but found it so-so.

The realism aspect was seriously wanting:
1) Yes, we've converted a few Ohio class SSBNs to SSGNs with SEAL support capability, but the boat in the show is not one of them (the converted boats no longer have Trident ICBMs).
2) There's no way in hell we EVER use a SSBN to pick up a SEAL team. Things would have to have gone to hell in a handbasket for that to occur, and if we have a Virginia class SSN in the area (the Illinois is said to attack the boat- the IL is a fictitious sub, but it would have to be a SSN and not SSBN), they'd use that one for the recovery ten times out of ten.
3) Distance apparently means nothing... an ICBM can't cover the entire globe inside of ten minutes. Not going to happen. Apparently they also had B-1s (staged out of friggin' WHERE?) ready to attack this sub, and they made it onsite in a rather short time. The Tomahawks launched by the IL (since it wasn't a SSBN... no friggin way) apparently are darn near hypersonic too.
4) Submarines tend not to have a sensor platform capable of tracking missiles they didn't launch... they're more concerned with their own survival than dealing with things that don't directly concern them.
5) We have a SSBN in the Indian Ocean why again? That's an awfully long way from any home port and there's nothing we can reach from the IO we can't reach from much more easily defended locations in the Atlantic and Pacific. There's just no reason for that boat to be anywhere in the area.
6) I could be mistaken here, but the skipper and other officers of an SSBN can't just retarget and launch a missile on their own.

And that's not even dealing with anything ON the island or back in DC. I can suspend some disbelief, but I have my limits.

Add in that the remoteness of the island is good but what supplies will he find?
Repairs, resupply, tech support. The remote island will be easily cut off from supplies like the fuel used to keep power running like gas?

I declared this show to be an A1 POS after second episode and have not considered it further.

just saw last weeks episode last night,

a number of hiccups, but bearable. i think. i give it one more episode before i shoot myself and watch New Girl.

I started to watch the last three episodes I had on the DVR. After 20 minutes I stopped deleted all the saved episodes and took the series off record.

Too many things to do instead of watching this thing.

I agree.........turned out pretty bad....what a waste of time.

mzpro5 said:
I started to watch the last three episodes I had on the DVR. After 20 minutes I stopped deleted all the saved episodes and took the series off record.

Too many things to do instead of watching this thing.

i think i might be following the same heading sir.

sadly, that leaves us with Elementary.

but that shows getting me bored too.

sticking with my big bang theory... :happy-smileygiantred:

mzpro5 said:
And I think the fat remarks about The COB are not fair He is a career officer in the twilight of his career, maybe on his last tour. He may have extra weight that comes with age but far from out of shape or even "paunchy".

ea8acf7e03e7f5599e91231f76fa3e8e.jpg

Exactly. If that's Paunchy......I'll take seconds!!!
:angelic-green: :angelic-green: :angelic-green:

Well I give them a thumbs up for at least trying something differant but the writeing and some of the acting was horific I for one won't miss it.

mzpro5 said:
jomari said:
mzpro5 said:
It has been cancelled - what a surprise :roll:

didnt know that... hmm. i guess we are left with elementary. :happy-smileygiantred:
You no longer watch Person of Interest?

Still one of my favs.

got a bit confusing at one point. i think after meeting the inventors son. i kinda lost interest at that point.

plus got tons of games to plug into instead. :happy-smileygiantred:

jomari said:
got a bit confusing at one point. i think after meeting the inventors son. i kinda lost interest at that point.

plus got tons of games to plug into instead. :happy-smileygiantred:
The son was only around for 1-2 episodes and I think it is very good so far this season.

Oh yeah they added a dog to the cast so ya gotta love it. :happy-smileygiantred:

Back