• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Logitech - Revue , google TV

Barney said:
Just got off the phone with Tech support....its true, Logitech no longer make the Revue & is just selling their invetory. As far as firmware updates etc....the Tech could only say...they will still support the revue product.
I hate being an early adapter sometimes...... :text-imsorry:

Did you think the reports were false? I know it's a bummer because you seemed pretty attached to your Revue. I'm sure that Logitech will continue to support their loyal customers but I doubt youll see anything new added to the product other than bug fixes.

Anywho... Why were you on the phone with Logitech's tech support? Is there a problem with your Revue?

Towen7 said:
Barney said:
Just got off the phone with Tech support....its true, Logitech no longer make the Revue & is just selling their invetory. As far as firmware updates etc....the Tech could only say...they will still support the revue product.
I hate being an early adapter sometimes...... :text-imsorry:

Did you think the reports were false? I know it's a bummer because you seemed pretty attached to your Revue. I'm sure that Logitech will continue to support their loyal customers but I doubt youll see anything new added to the product other than bug fixes.

Anywho... Why were you on the phone with Logitech's tech support? Is there a problem with your Revue?
I just wanted to hear anything about the "honeycomb" firmware update that was included with googletv products (monitors etc) for the revue (which was to be out starting in the end of Oct & then around the 1st part of Nov). The tech wouldn't address the firmware update though.
Loved the idea of all the apps, keyboard/mouse, etc.....google chrome, you tube, Netflex, etc..........

thanks Flint. But we have been hearing this for a couple of months......if it happens great....but I'm not holding my breath.

Sorry for the delay, got the Honeycomb 3.1 Android update around 6am Monday 12-12. I haven't got to check out the Andriod market Apps yet. Have a new learning curve with Netflix etc. It seems the google chrome works faster. But now I know that its Netflix's end with the audio issue. Still only English..stereo.
But enjoy surfing the web on it........still trying to find a site for free streaming ESPN....seems they are discovered & shut down...did find some free movie streaming while looking for public domain......will have to have time to go through all the chit though, commercials etc......but we do have google chrome to search...& chit load of apps. :eusa-clap:

:text-bump:
Still loving my Logitech googletv stb that has been dis-continued. But Logitech still has support.
Googletv had a firmware update this month (Sony monitors etc) & they also included the revue....3.2v.
The issue we discovered after the firmware update was we couldn't stream Netflex. The forums were full of Netflex issues (netflex also had updated their servers etc around the same time). Folks were changing the network settings, etc. If you opened the Netflex app...it would load & open, open the menu for movies, choose a movie to stream....bar graph would start & then a message..."Sorry, issue displaying the movie, try again later or try another movie". Rebooted etc...same thing.
Called Logitech today.......they knew of the issue....walked me through some steps in settings......I'm back in business. They still support the Revue & will keep doing firmware updates....according to the Tech. My son uses it more for YouTube & Google Chrome things....cool stuff on a 46" Sony Brava LCD in our boom-boom room. Was using our old xbox until now for Netflex.

Back