• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Looking for fairly current opinions on Sling Tv.

I know yyou are asking for current users but I cancelled Sling about a year ago. At that time I found it clunky and slow, hopefully they have improved.

Most of these guys are offering free trials. You might want to look into that to check it out. There is also a pretty aggressive pricing/programming/feature war between the different providers, so it would probably behoove you to look at Sling, DirecTV Now, PlayStation Vue, Hulu Live and YouTube TV to find the best fit.

Amazon is rumored to be preparing a free live local tv streaming service for prime members.

How was the picture quality?

Poor, especially compared to the other streaming services. Live streaming was bad, with the new Spectrum streaming service I have live streaming is very good.

But as Haywood said try the free trials.

Picture quality on YouTube TV is pretty inconsistent, but it is also very new and I expect it will improve.

At a glance I'm really liking direct tv.
As for Amazon that would great to see them enter this space.

I have DirecTV Now. Picture quality is passable. My biggest gripe is the general slowness of changing channels. There are no channel numbers and the only way to get to a specific channel is by clicking through the guide one channel at a time or searching or using one of the other navigation windows they have created but never seems to feature what I am looking for.

However.....it's much cheaper than my old Dish service and I am willing to put up with the above gripe in exchange for the savings.

I have DirecTV Now. Picture quality is passable. My biggest gripe is the general slowness of changing channels. There are no channel numbers and the only way to get to a specific channel is by clicking through the guide one channel at a time or searching or using one of the other navigation windows they have created but never seems to feature what I am looking for.

However.....it's much cheaper than my old Dish service and I am willing to put up with the above gripe in exchange for the savings.
Thanks Andy, good info.

Spectrun is the same with channels. Over the few days I have had Spectrum the channel thing is my biggest complaint.

I think thats going to be a similar problem with all the services that stream live TV since you're not changing channels, you’re stopping one stream and calling-up another one. Numbering the streams on the guide seems like a reasonable solution that Would make the process faster. I wonder why they dont do that.

I think thats going to be a similar problem with all the services that stream live TV since you're not changing channels, you’re stopping one stream and calling-up another one. Numbering the streams on the guide seems like a reasonable solution that Would make the process faster. I wonder why they dont do that.

On Spectrum the channels have numbers but nothing happens when you press the number buttons on the remote and you can go "up" or "down" to change

On Spectrum the channels have numbers but nothing happens when you press the number buttons on the remote and you can go "up" or "down" to change

That actually makes sense to me since streaming devices dont use numbers.

I dropped SlingTV for DirecTVNow but prepaid the first three months with both services to get a free AppleTV out of both companies. Of the two I find DirecTVNow to be the better value (signed on early and I’m getting ~70 channels for $35/month) and better service overall. I just joined on to beta test the soon-to-come DVR feature. I just downloaded it and haven’t much time at all to play with it. I honestly don’t think SlingTV is very competitive at the moment.

Back