• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Looks great but...

Dude, it doesn't matter at all, it pushes out 700 watts of pure $2000-driver awesomeness! Who the hell cares what it sounds like!

Well the woodwork certainly appears to have a great deal of awesomeness. Based on the pictures that is a really nice looking piece.

Yeah, I have NO idea what that thing is worth or how it sounds, but I have to hand it to the guy, he built one helluva cabinet, that thing is beautiful! :text-bravo:

Wow! That sure is beautiful.........

1294704658.jpg

I bet it sells.

Dennie :text-bravo: :text-+1:

That speaker is worth every single penny and I'd buy it if I needed it and had the money.

While obviously NOT a 33" speaker, the Focal 15" beast he used is perhaps one of the finest woofers produced for hi-fi applications.

Unfortunately, that speaker is NOT a subwoofer, it is a woofer designed for amazing performance in the 30Hz to 800Hz range. I am sure it operates as low as 20Hz, but I doubt it has significant output below 25Hz, or so. Two of those used as bass bins in a three way setup similar to mine would be unbelievable!!!

I love the cabinetry, as well. My next speakers might look something like that.

Alien said:
I like how the driver is recessed in a nice bevel edge.

Did you notice he also beveled around the ports?

Does beveled have one L or 2? Beveled or Bevelled?

Depends on if its around the driver, or the port. :teasing-tease:

That man has mad skills with wood and obviously the tools to back him up. While nice, I think there are better true subs out there at retail and for DIY.

Back